LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

2 hours ago, Chef said:

Taking the term road hunting to a whole new meaning love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. That's the thruway. I hate listening to the noise of the traffic but the spot has a bunch of deer and a few nice bucks.  I enter in off the thruway to keep my scent out of the area.

7 hours ago, johnplav said:

This is my 8th season hunting this property and never paid attention to this tree until Monday when I hung the stand.  Guess I’ll have to wait and see what the fruit look like.  I’m starting to lean toward hackberry… now that I know that’s a thing. 

The dingleberry tree has fragrant  brown fruit suspended from a  curly, hairlike strand....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well did not exactly sneak in! Bumped one up top twice, bumped another down by stand and had another blow at me for 10 minutes after I got up. No bueno!
61 degrees from the Hole

• Like 2

Just now, Fletch said:

Well did not exactly sneak in! Bumped one up top twice, bumped another down by stand and had another blow at me for 10 minutes after I got up. No bueno!
61 degrees from the Hole

You’re covered in deer! 

10 hours ago, johnplav said:

This is my 8th season hunting this property and never paid attention to this tree until Monday when I hung the stand.  Guess I’ll have to wait and see what the fruit look like.  I’m starting to lean toward hackberry… now that I know that’s a thing. 

Leaves are more mulberry or basswood  but bark looks mulberry ish,  Hackberry leaves are veined different

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chrisw said:

If there's a gun range nearby don't let it persuade you from returning. The deer are used to it. We used to have deer come out 120 yds behind the trap shooting houses while we were shooting. It's just like anything else, it becomes normal to them. Doesn't make for a peaceful sit though...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Agreed, one of our best pieces of ground is within close distance to not one but two ranges. Deer pay no mind.

Edited by phade

45 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

how do you open that type of bag quietly? I rarely bring candy bars, but when i do i open it the night before and put it in ziplock baggy

Hardcore hunters don't open candy bars, they shove the whole thing in their face and chew.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2