Jump to content

LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!


grampy

Recommended Posts

Scouted some more this morning and saw a nice 8 go across the road and into a river bottom that's only 15-20 acres in size with fields on both sides. So 2 of the guys are going to sneak in there to cover it and hope to catch him coming out of his bed.  We also jumped 3 does scouting.
Start summoning your inner "THP"......If they saw a buck pull that move they would be hot on its tail and it most likely wouldn't live the next 24hrs.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back up. I’m a wee bit sweaty. Good wind though . Forgot judo points again. Squirrels and more squirrels. 
I always keep one arrow in the quiver with a judo point. Last year I didn't have one and took aim at a nice black squirrel....zipped off half his tail with a broadhead.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

View of the night. Have q heavy rub line and scrape on the left side along the swamp a big CRP field that the buck came out of this morning. I'm in a red oak and I have apples all around. The grass has clover and 300 yards out in front is another swamp I'm keeping an eye to see if anything comes out.  I had a fawn come in while I was setting up and bust me but just bounded across the road which is 50yarde away.

20211014_171514.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Start summoning your inner "THP"......If they saw a buck pull that move they would be hot on its tail and it most likely wouldn't live the next 24hrs.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
 

Working on it. We have 2 guys in that bottom right now and I'm covering the area he came from just in case he came back.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup same here. Sat looks like a def washout.  Sunday is a maybe. I had Monday off and cancelled that and moved the day to wed.  

Sunday is 60% chance in the morning but that leaves a 40% chance it WONT rain!

I’ll probably be dumb enough to get 4 hours of sleep and make the 35 minute ride to camp to do nothing but have a cup of coffee and talk to the guys and head home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, chrisw said:

After tonight I'm off for a week, duck hunting Saturday AM, then deer the rest of the week. Good thing I just put a blind up on the lease, that'll make those rainy days better.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk
 

Same here, I am heading up to the nz tomorrow for early ML week thru opening weekend of gun.  I can’t wait, and I am just finishing up my packing.  Work has been particularly hectic lately.  I will definitely get in some fishing too (catch and release for brook trout and for a “trophy” smallmouth bass).

The only thing I can’t locate is my pop up blind.  I think I may have left it up there, in my in-laws garage attic, on Memorial Day weekend.  I have a spot in mind to set it up, in case of heavy rains.  We had a lot of that up there on that week last year.

There will be a little work, helping my in-laws get stuff ready for winter, but mostly “play”.  My mother in law is the best cook that I have encountered, so I’d make that 4 hour trip, even if I couldn’t fish and hunt every day.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...