LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Scouted some more this morning and saw a nice 8 go across the road and into a river bottom that's only 15-20 acres in size with fields on both sides. So 2 of the guys are going to sneak in there to cover it and hope to catch him coming out of his bed.  We also jumped 3 does scouting.
Start summoning your inner "THP"......If they saw a buck pull that move they would be hot on its tail and it most likely wouldn't live the next 24hrs.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Back up. I’m a wee bit sweaty. Good wind though . Forgot judo points again. Squirrels and more squirrels. 
I always keep one arrow in the quiver with a judo point. Last year I didn't have one and took aim at a nice black squirrel....zipped off half his tail with a broadhead.

• Like 2

View of the night. Have q heavy rub line and scrape on the left side along the swamp a big CRP field that the buck came out of this morning. I'm in a red oak and I have apples all around. The grass has clover and 300 yards out in front is another swamp I'm keeping an eye to see if anything comes out.  I had a fawn come in while I was setting up and bust me but just bounded across the road which is 50yarde away.

20211014_171514.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Start summoning your inner "THP"......If they saw a buck pull that move they would be hot on its tail and it most likely wouldn't live the next 24hrs.

Working on it. We have 2 guys in that bottom right now and I'm covering the area he came from just in case he came back.  

• Like 3

Yup same here. Sat looks like a def washout.  Sunday is a maybe. I had Monday off and cancelled that and moved the day to wed.  

Sunday is 60% chance in the morning but that leaves a 40% chance it WONT rain!

I’ll probably be dumb enough to get 4 hours of sleep and make the 35 minute ride to camp to do nothing but have a cup of coffee and talk to the guys and head home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, chrisw said:

After tonight I'm off for a week, duck hunting Saturday AM, then deer the rest of the week. Good thing I just put a blind up on the lease, that'll make those rainy days better.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Same here, I am heading up to the nz tomorrow for early ML week thru opening weekend of gun.  I can’t wait, and I am just finishing up my packing.  Work has been particularly hectic lately.  I will definitely get in some fishing too (catch and release for brook trout and for a “trophy” smallmouth bass).

The only thing I can’t locate is my pop up blind.  I think I may have left it up there, in my in-laws garage attic, on Memorial Day weekend.  I have a spot in mind to set it up, in case of heavy rains.  We had a lot of that up there on that week last year.

There will be a little work, helping my in-laws get stuff ready for winter, but mostly “play”.  My mother in law is the best cook that I have encountered, so I’d make that 4 hour trip, even if I couldn’t fish and hunt every day.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2