LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Well I did jump in the woods for the last hour after my boys football game….all settled by 5:00 and then the skies got dark by 5:45. I climbed down and ended up getting slammed with rains and wind in the 10 minute walk back. Dumb decisions are my specialty this season so far!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Thanks guys just a little guy at 50 yards but will put meat in my freeze r would have cut him up myself but garage is full. $75 plus a knock down from helping the butcher last year. Horn hunting now that meat is in freezer!

Pics man pics!

Just came from tracking for four hours.  Did not find the buck yet.  Good bright red blood for a hundred yards, then a clot but no I don’t believe he bedded down.  Blood slowed to a trickle as he cross the mowed field, stopped all together 50 yards from entering the next wood lot. Overall he covered about 350yards.  I’ll speak with some neighbors first thing and start there in the morning.  Thankful to have friends and family lend a hand tonight.

Good luck to all in the morning.

• Like 9

This effin sucks.....lake effect all damn day by the looks of it.  Landowner texted me last night that deer were in the field last night looking for us.  Course it was pouring rain and 20 mph winds.  Was thinking groundblind but if I have to track one where we hunt it's Soo thick rain just isn't the best idea.  Sucks. Good luck to all out.  

Screenshot_20211017-050322.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This effin sucks.....lake effect all damn day by the looks of it.  Landowner texted me last night that deer were in the field last night looking for us.  Course it was pouring rain and 20 mph winds.  Was thinking groundblind but if I have to track one where we hunt it's Soo thick rain just isn't the best idea.  Sucks. Good luck to all out.  
Screenshot_20211017-050322.thumb.png.0820eedadb429494de4eccaa52fb3a07.png

I can be there by 5(after crew regatta and long drive) to help you track! Get out there and get me points!!!!

18 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I can be there by 5(after crew regatta and long drive) to help you track! Get out there and get me points!!!!

It's def killing me.  Been up since 4:15.  It's rained the whole time. I have a groundblind spot but it's rained so much the ditch to get to it will for sure be over the boots deep.  Wanted to get out even to pull the cam there but not hunting in downpours.  Next time out for me will be Tues night after work and I have wed off.  Tacks picked right when he picked the deer this week! 

This is the least I have hunted by this time in the season in years.

Screenshot_20211017-060153.png

Edited by Robhuntandfish

12 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

It's def killing me.  Been up since 4:15.  It's rained the whole time. I have a groundblind spot but it's rained so much the ditch to get to it will for sure be over the boots deep.  Wanted to get out even to pull the cam there but not hunting in downpours.  Next time out for me will be Tues night after work and I have wed off.  Tacks picked right when he picked the deer this week! 

This is the least I have hunted by this time in the season in years.

Screenshot_20211017-060153.png

Lots of season left Rob you will get your share of hunts. I am in the same boat though, least time hunted as of yet. I will try to make up for it though, haha.

• Like 1