LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

8 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Isn't tomorrow early season doe for some of you? 

If it is have fun filling your freezers hope to see some pictures in the morning. 

On my way to work tonight seemed like every meadow had deer in them.

I wish it was Early doe where I hunt -4H- but nope !

• Like 1

No doe action yet, but this new blind is pretty sweet, since I got the floor level.  The 3 ft barnwood wall blocks the prevailing sw wind real good and it is very comfortable today in the 62 F , 15 mph wind wearing  jeans and a light flannel. 

I may stick it out another hour or so.  I have 20 oz of water and just finished a sea salt caramel chocolate and a small kit-cat bar that were left in my pack from spring turkey season.

20210911_084245.jpg

• Like 4

That is correct.  If you already have 2 (no 9f's or 9a's ?) then you have to wait for 11/1 to try for more.  Someone else may legally transfer up to 2 to you before that though.

I do have a 9F, just hung a stand there actually and couldn't get out of the woods fast enough! By 9 it was hot and the deer flies were all over 13bd84687942d8ee853aa8f59b41e188.jpg
d6a93fcf91c972380672f564d70e9c84.jpg
I cant believe we all used to do this crap alone with no climbing belt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

I didn't see a single deer fly but the skeeter came in a second time, and I squashed it with my camo gloves.   I will be in my back truck-cap stand this evening, and in my middle two-story blind tomorrow morning.  They are calling for some rain then, so I will use the covered lower level if it gets too bad.

I  am headed to my folks place tomorrow afternoon.  After the football game, I will try out my other new blind over there until a half hour past sunset.  I cant wait to try out my new chair.  I will take the tree umbrella over there in case of rain.  It ought to work well on the little cherry tree.

I would love to get a shot at a doe from under that umbrella during the pouring rain. It is so damn loud under it, that I dont think that would be possible.

I just finished a little "shop project", mounting an antique vise that I picked up at a barn sale down the road last week.    This will make a good place for sharpening chain saw blades after I make some soft jaws for it.

No tenderloins or bb liver so I guess it will have to be pb&j for lunch.  I do have some Genny Octoberfest though, and that is pretty good this year.

20210911_114126.jpg

20210911_122747.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I do have a 9F, just hung a stand there actually and couldn't get out of the woods fast enough! By 9 it was hot and the deer flies were all over 13bd84687942d8ee853aa8f59b41e188.jpg

I still do it alone, but yup!  Full harness and belt every peg after #3.  Just finished moving stand #6, 14 total.

• Like 1

I took my 12 year old out for a couple of hrs we seen 7 deer between 7&8 am all 25 yards and closer. He decided to bring the Xbow instead of his gun. Had he brought one of his guns he would've had his first deer.  That's hunting for ya.

He did get to put the scope of the xbow on one of the deer but there was some small limbs in the way.

We had a good time.

Screenshot_20210911-135216.png

• Like 11

I am up and in also.  Changed plans a bit, because I thought it would be too hot in the tin can aluminum truck cap blind where I planned on going tonight.  I am up in the cupola of my two story blind watching over a clover and wheat plot.

The wind is still blowing hard enough to hold off most of the bugs.  I have a can of deet ready to go if I need it.  I saw a doe right by here one afternoon last week.  Hopefully, she shows up again before 8:01.  Just felt a skeeter on my neck, time for a spray.

20210911_175318.jpg

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I am up and in also.  Changed plans a bit, because I thought it would be too hot in the tin can aluminum truck cap blind where I planned on going tonight.  I am up in the cupola of my two story blind watching over a clover and wheat plot.

The wind is still blowing hard enough to hold off most of the bugs.  I have a can of deet ready to go if I need it.  I saw a doe right by here one afternoon last week.  Hopefully, she shows up again before 8:01.  Just felt a skeeter on my neck, time for a spray.

20210911_175318.jpg

Pulling for you..in albany for work.. someone needs to put some meat on the ground!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Still do 30 plus stands a year.. 

11 hours ago, wolc123 said:

No doe action yet, but this new blind is pretty sweet, since I got the floor level.  The 3 ft barnwood wall blocks the prevailing sw wind real good and it is very comfortable today in the 62 F , 15 mph wind wearing  jeans and a light flannel. 

I may stick it out another hour or so.  I have 20 oz of water and just finished a sea salt caramel chocolate and a small kit-cat bar that were left in my pack from spring turkey season.

20210911_084245.jpg

Love the barn wood and that is a mighty fine Marlin Slugmaster there.

I stayed up in the cupola until about 20 minutes past sunset, when it got dark enough, so that I dont think I could have clearly identified a doe thru my Redfield scope on 2X. 

My only deer sighting today was that 8 point about 1.5 hours before sunset.  I will probably try the cupola again in the morning for a couple hours before church.  It is not supposed to rain until later tommorow.

I plan on heading over to my folks place before the Bill's game. After dinner with them, I will try out my new blind over there, along with the comfortable new $ 8  chair, and tree umbrella if need be.  

They have been seeing a doe with two fawns regularly over there in the evenings. I have 2 dmp's and no problems with making an orphan or two.

Antlerless tags are typically tough for me to fill in my two wmu 9f locations, because I usually see about 3 antlered deer per each antletless one.

I think that is mostly due to the local farmers hammering them antlerless deer hard on their nuisance permits, prior to October 1.  We will see what the final talley of sightings is this year.  Right now it is one antlered and zero antlerless.

11 minutes ago, 132 eight pointer said:

Love the barn wood and that is a mighty fine Marlin Slugmaster there.

The barnwood really fools them.  The 8 point this afternoon had no clue I was up there and offered multiple 30 yard broadside chip shots. If only he didn't have them damn horns.

Unless he puts on a few pounds before early November, I will probably hold out, with my buck tag, for one more like these two. My wife photographed them on the other side of our block while coming home from the grocery store a few weeks ago:

20210809_175319.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 9