LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Saw a doe and fawn around 8:30, then was packing up around 9:30 and caught movement about 75 yds away then nothing, sat for 15 more minutes and lowered my bow down and got halfway down the tree and saw a deer headed straight for me. Ended up being a 3 PT that someone had shot through the backstrap, it was all scabbed up and he seemed to be healthy. After he worked into the bedding I started climbing down again and got about 6' off the ground and saw another buck coming straight at me from another direction. He's a half rack 3 pt Ive had pictures of before, he came to downwind side at 20 yds and just looked around for 10 minutes then wandered off. I got some cool video, I'll put a few pics below. IMG_20211021_094339567.jpgScreenshot_20211021-115052.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Headed out shortly in the rain to make a move on the deer I had a run in with Tues. Night. This is a get in.....hang a set......and get out mission. Will also swap the batteries in a near by cell cam and freshen the scrapes near by. 100% comminted to hunting this deer from here on out.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Tune in tomorrow and see ! 

anyways I’m bringing my weed whacker to,open up a shooting lane and may move a ladderstand I dropped awhile back , once the buck is loaded . Oh and cloudy and rain over night here .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

Up and in 68 degrees had 3 cock pheasants in my driveway before I left. Almost had dinner!
I know one deer is moving as I jumped on way in. Wind died and was moving too fast. Hopefully I see more deer than skeeters! Nice front coming tonight and weather looks good for the next 4-5 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Full moon!!!! Sleep in boys and girls. AM hunt BLOW during a full moon (IMHO)
[mention=253]Nomad[/mention]

Forget the moon. In WNY we have Rain overnight ending before daybreak and temps dropping 20 degrees. I’m looking forward to my first sit of the year!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Don_C said:

Forget the moon. In WNY we have Rain overnight ending before daybreak and temps dropping 20 degrees. I’m looking forward to my first sit of the year!

GL!!

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Full moon!!!! Sleep in boys and girls. AM hunt BLOW during a full moon (IMHO)
@Nomad

Crappy, It's literally called the Hunter's Moon!!  and there is going to be a 15* temp drop. The hunting gods decree that we hunt on that day. I for one will be using PTO tomorrow to get out for the first time this season.

image.png.416f2933ac313a0eb8d9fe7f6ee2702b.png

Edited by Judoka95
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Judoka95 said:

Crappy, It's literally called the Hunter's Moon!!  and there is going to be a 15* temp drop. The hunting gods decree that we hunt on that day. I for one will be using PTO tomorrow to get out for the first time this season.

he should know, he just shot a doe the other night!

Yep. Don’t sleep on it! I for one do not pay any attention to the moon or it’s phases, I watch the weather and pick and choose days and stands based on temp changes, wind direction and precipitation.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Will tomorrow be the next Nov 2nd ?

Looks like rain here for am, but I'm hoping that day holds til Sat!  Looks perfect.  And it's a weird south wind by the looks of it sat morn. Which sets up a couple of my best stands for a buck! But def is looking like a possible big weekend. 

Good luck…my feeling is that full moons greatly reduce the am activity as many deer are taking advantage of “brighter” nights and stay up feeding. Midday and evenings (as Biz so eloquently remembered my doe in the PM before the full moon phase) are show great activity.

• Like 2