LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Won't hurt to give it a try Joe. 
I do think there is probably some kinda science to blind calling. It's just that I'm probably not smart enough to figure it out? No surprise there right? But I always felt that after I was done, every deer in this area knows where I am. Weather that's good or bad, depends on what happens next. With me, nothing ever happened. I just let the deer know where I was, and they weren't buying what I was selling. Being quiet and still, with wind in my favor, I have a better chance of them showing themselves. 

The best situations I’ve seen it work is when you’re sitting on the backside of thick bedding with something behind you like a river, lake, highway, etc. that you can blow your scent over and no deer can get downwind of. Bucks will have an idea where the sound is but being thick keeps them from pinpointing you and interested enough to wander through sometimes. I’ll also clip my antlers to my drop line sometimes and dangle them down on the ground to make noise at ground level. The other situation is still hunting the downwind edge of bedding, preferably with two people. I like to do that either in or right after a rain so I can be quiet and the deers senses are off a bit. Either my buddy or I set up 20-30 yards from the other and do a rattle sequence. The bucks that come in are locked on to the rattlers position so if you play it right they don’t notice you and you can get a shot. It’s a fun way to spend mid day during the rut when it’s raining. We rattled in a 160ish buck last year doing this but we got impatient after 15 minutes and literally walked into him as we were standing up so I’d recommend giving a half hour or so between sequences or moving.

Difficult technique to execute imo and very high impact but few things are as exciting as having a mature buck barreling in looking for a fight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

I can tell you exactly what he will turn into....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Ya a guest in my freezer !

WOW did it flood here the creek overflowed like I haven’t seen in 32 years .

couldn’t cross the ditch where I normally do had to walk around to the end that adds 400 yards on .

For a minute I thought , “ hey this jet sled looks like a little boat ….”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ya a guest in my freezer !

WOW did it flood here the creek overflowed like I haven’t seen in 32 years .

couldn’t cross the ditch where I normally do had to walk around to the end that adds 400 yards on .

For a minute I thought , “ hey this jet sled looks like a little boat ….”

I told you to bring a boat...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

I hunted this morning and small bucks are chasing like crazy but bigger bucks still mostly focused on food with a little half ass rutting activity. Tonight probably the better hunt but I have work obligations unfortunately.

On the bright side, I pulled some cards and found one of the best 2 year old I’ve seen. He’s pretty regular on cam so hopefully he doesn’t venture far. I’d love to see what he turns into

d8262713cc075894537bfca329300e96.jpg

He would not make it to 3 over this way ..

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Ok finally in a stand.   Lol

Ok, then it's finally time for the first true Biz Prediction of 2021:

@moog5050 will see AT LEAST 3 anterless (doe/fawns/spikes under 3") on a PM hunt on 10/27/21.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

This is the view from my covid mandated home office. Very tempting to stop working and go hunting, everyday. Occasionally I’ll see a doe or two in the yard. The big bucks steer clear of the house, for now at least. Can’t wait for the weekend!

666f500e1181d010bf586ac4fd5b5373.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Oh ya. I’m up. Passed 3 doe on way in close. Perfect wind. Few pics of this guy but not the droid you’re looking for ( Star Wars ) 

94D2B018-D6F2-48C5-87D9-F2285471D610.jpeg

110D12E0-1C1F-40F9-A6B6-CB2629658CDE.png

A21DC491-F847-43D3-BAF4-32216636A4D2.png

FF895147-B84F-45FE-85D2-EED9E6B40157.png

wow. you wouldn't shoot him? INCHES!

A swing and miss ughh big 9 pt he was in a lot of the thick stuff chasing doe. Stopped for a few and I missed clean under him.  Waited about 20 minutes  before looking for the arrow  and he was bedded at 80 yards away with his doe now they’re gone. Sorry Rob 

FF2A7AE1-92DF-4356-B58C-47B710972EB7.jpeg

5928D9B0-E546-479E-89D8-19DC5106AA86.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Moved to hickory stand he’s still chasing her. 80 yards away and oblivious to me.  Hopefully she drags him past me fore dark.  My girls are doing great for me this year. 

8EF3C9A5-1E35-497D-B4EA-BC9FCDE5CEE3.jpeg

You'll certainly get more chances my friend. Maybe even another one Tonite!  

I am def not holding up my end here. I got into ground blind on edge and neighbor out shooting into his berm about 250 yards away. No not my direction. ......but so much for any action Tonite 

Good luck on that buck , sounds like he is zoned into the girls!

• Like 1