New gear

Buckmaster7600

I have one and hate it. Probably the worst money Ive spent. Lol. probably going to give it to a friend. and go back and drill and tap the receiver or put my saddle mount back on the 870. I cant get mine to not move after recoil. Ive even wedged it (which shouldnt have to be done) and it continues to move after recoil. Neighbor wants it. Told him he can have it lol   

I use the term speed bead like Kleenex the mount between the stock and receiver when built correctly is the best way to mount a small optic.

As for Burris products, count me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I use the term speed bead like Kleenex the mount between the stock and receiver when built correctly is the best way to mount a small optic.

As for Burris products, count me out.

Have had zero issues with any Burris product.  

But I know exactly how you feel. Im the same with Bushnell.  Count me out. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 11:16 AM, Pygmy said:

I have an aftermarket cantilever on my 11-87.. Fastens to the rib...I've been running a  Leupold 1 x 4  for the last few seasons and I like it..Defintely a lower mount than the saddle mount, ...One disadvantage is that it adds a few ounces to an already heavy gun, but since I do nearly all of my turkey hunting  sitting on a stool in a popup blind it is not a big issue for me..

Sounds a lot like my setup except the cantilever on my 11-87 came with the the gun as did a rifled barrel. Is your scope also the Turkey-Plex?

4 hours ago, Sir-diealot said:

The new Scratch Box from Ernie Fetters that came with 2 strikers and Tulipwood Trumpet, tried to add them to my above comment but it would not allow me to.448297362_IMG_1831(2).thumb.jpg.5ba99824040535cb17fd83fd3a2a48e6.jpg758057206_IMG_1793(2).thumb.JPG.3d8b47056ad56ef1d700cc1896c639ea.JPG

191329789_IMG_1791(2).thumb.jpg.d9a3e95ab4429cdf6ec23dbcfe8c57a8.jpg

The scratch box is one of my favorite calls.I could never get a wingbone or mouth call to sound right.

• Like 1

I generally buy very little for turkey hunting anymore. Usually a few diaphragm calls. I've never needed an upgrade to much because turkeys are generally so easy to kill with basic gear. My decoys are still the same 2 foam cutout looking decoys with shot holes in them and most of the coloring gone. They still work every spring. I did buy a full strut decoy a few years ago, that thing scares off more birds than it brought in! As far as ammo, I usually grab a shell out of the mixed bag I have leftover from years ago. No patterning, no practice. I slap a full choke in and keep the birds under 30yds and I've never lost one. It's easy to way over think turkey hunting, to me at least. Then again turkeys aren't my passion, it's fun but is also a bit anti climatic to me now.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have one and hate it. Probably the worst money Ive spent. Lol. probably going to give it to a friend. and go back and drill and tap the receiver or put my saddle mount back on the 870. I cant get mine to not move after recoil. Ive even wedged it (which shouldnt have to be done) and it continues to move after recoil. Neighbor wants it. Told him he can have it lol   
That was a major concern I had is it holding zero. Seems to be though even with the 3.5" hevishot shells I've used.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Burris lost me as a customer years ago over some awful c/s but the speed bead is about the best mount available. Luckily other companies have copied their design for other brand optics.

Don't know if others have a similar mount. Only Burris product I own. Haven't had any issues to use customer service so can't speak to how good they are. Nikon customer service seemed great but they're gone. for optics I've only had issues with one scope.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 1