It's Been Fun

fasteddie

Since another Mod and I can't agree on what is or isn't Inappropriate content , I have decided to take a Long Indefinite Leave of Absence . This should make several members happy . If you have any problems with the site contact wnybuckhunter . Buh Bye !

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 16

37 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Since another Mod and I can't agree on what is or isn't Inappropriate content , I have decided to take a Long Indefinite Leave of Absence . This should make several members happy . If you have any problems with the site contact wnybuckhunter . Buh Bye !

You're kidding, right?

• Like 1

Don't leave. At least stay on as a participant on the forum

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

It is not up to the moderators to make the board's rules it is the board owner's job to set the parameters for standards and rules, the moderator's job is to enforce them. From what I have seen you did a very good job Eddie.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 8

What??? Say it ain't so Eddie.

I think you've done a damn good job here as a mod. Some of the crap posted on here meant to be funny, isn't freakin funny, it's at times, borderline disgusting! I know we all have different tastes, and I'm all for the right to express yourself freely. But this is an OUTDOORS and HUNTING forum. Plenty of other places to go see, and post, off color content.

Also very aware that we all have different opinions on everything! To come here and debate issues, is what a forum is all about! And part of that, is some folks will take it personal, and feelings get hurt, people get mad, and things get out of hand. There comes a point when all that is left of the "discussion" is bickering back and forth along with name calling, page after page. It gets old fast!! That is when a mod should step in to get things back on track. And we all won't always agree with the mods decision! But it is their job to MODERATE! To keep the forum content more enjoyable, to the majority of those participating.

I guess perhaps I'm just an old fuddy duddy, who would rather keep our content here at a PG rating. And I am certainly NOT perfect either. But a few do push the envelope a bit. I'm not calling out anyone! As I said, it is a free site. But when it does become a 'free for all', perhaps it will be time for a few more of us to move along. As some other long time members have done recently. To the detriment of the experience here IMO. I do honestly believe that each one of us, contributing positively, with give and take, is what makes HNY a cool place to visit. And there are a vast amount of great people here. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

WTF prompted this??

He removed several posts in the today's chuckle thread posted by chef, and continued to do so for a while. I never saw them, but the idea was that they pushed the limits a little too far in what was already a pretty boundary pushing thread. 

We had a goal of being a family friendly forum, but I'm not sure that we are or is there an owner or mod group out there pushing this... so there is an argument that maybe it should be a free for all... but all that said, this is supposed to be a hunting forum and it seems we talk more about non-hunting than we do hunting most of the year outside of deer season.

I don't think jerkman's signature helps either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I belong to two forums with strict rules that are rigorously enforced, while I don’t agree with the some of those rules, I have no choice but to follow them . I’ll say both places are squared away , and totally focused on the subject of the forum . 

Heres Rule #6 from the Rolex Forum , what’s interesting is many members are also gun and knife guys , along with a number of hunters , but we can’t even mention those subjects on the forum .

6.CONTROVERSIAL TOPICS OR POSTS such as those relating to politics, race, culture, religion, sexual orientation or discrimination, violence (towards persons or animals) will be subject to the final and absolute discretion of the Moderators to be immediately locked and/or removed without notice to any member. No gun, knife, weapon threads or pictures of such since we are a worldwide forum and many members are not comfortable with this type of material. Infraction points and a possible lifelong ban will inevitably accompany such threads.

• Like 1

He removed several posts in the today's chuckle thread posted by chef, and continued to do so for a while. I never saw them, but the idea was that they pushed the limits a little too far in what was already a pretty boundary pushing thread. 
We had a goal of being a family friendly forum, but I'm not sure that we are or is there an owner or mod group out there pushing this... so there is an argument that maybe it should be a free for all... but all that said, this is supposed to be a hunting forum and it seems we talk more about non-hunting than we do hunting most of the year outside of deer season.
I don't think jerkman's signature helps either.

FYI there is way more to what happened here than you know. It did not just have to do with my posts although they were the catalyst to this. Honestly the last post in question did not violate anything it was just a fat lady’s stomach. I have also messaged Eddie privately and told him if he agrees to stay I will refrain from posting anything in the chuckle. His issue lies elsewhere I can tell you that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that sucks . I honestly think fasteddie  did a very good job . Pretty fair and even handed. Some of the stuff posted was pretty crude. I just kept my opinion to myself and tried to ignore  it . I'm not saying I'm an angel but I believe  some people do go over the top for what this forum  is. 

The few forums I mod in the past would have given a warning or two. Then permanent  bans . Chronic abusers will destroy the community.  Just hope this crap settles down . It's about the group as a whole not one person seeking attention.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It appears that a picture of a fat lady with gut hanging out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So the the fat lady finnaly sung J/k knew that bitch was trouble ....

Edited by silent death
  • Like 2