It's Been Fun

fasteddie

7 minutes ago, Chef said:

I actually agree the political section needs to go and I wouldn’t mind seeing the chuckle go either. That section is asking for trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd agree, but since the politicians currently in office want to take away our scary firearms and probably all of our deadly hunting weapons if they had free reign, we need to keep the members up to date on what's happening in the political arena.

• Like 2

It makes no sense that horribly vulgar memes about Harris/Clinton are tolerated on “Today’s Chuckle” yet other slightly indecent posts are considered to cross a line. The key here is to enforce the rules more uniformly. And if you’re going to Moderate don’t engage in silly personally conflicts.
6 weeks till turkey season!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

I'd agree, but since the politicians currently in office want to take away our scary firearms and probably all of our deadly hunting weapons if they had free reign, we need to keep the members up to date on what's happening in the political arena.

Spot on.

May I suggest that section be limited , to hunting, gun laws, conservation type threads .

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

One moderator found it offensive I queried the senior moderator for a final ruling. The ruling on the field was overturned. Then the original ruler kept trying to rule the wrong way over and over. If under the review it was determined to be removal worthy then sure I'd have accepted the ruling except that's not what happened.

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

That’s still not what I’m talking about. Never mind, it’s beyond you.

Spot on.
May I suggest that section be limited , to hunting, gun laws, conservation type threads .
That's what I thought the political section was originally meant to be about. Hunting, fishing, hiking, overall outdoors politics. Would be nice to see a return to that. Also gotta agree it does suck you in, admittedly I find the more I avoid it the happier I am. Go figure

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

I actually agree the political section needs to go and I wouldn’t mind seeing the chuckle go either. That section is asking for trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or we could just employ some better taste at times. Personally, I like the gun and hunting laws and politics section, its where we talk of gun and hunting laws along with politics. Those things affect all of us in our pursuit of what this board is about.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Spot on.

That's pretty much what I took that area to be aimed at. But people took/take liberties and turned it into a personal soap box. I mean way out there 5 mile high soap box looking down at everyone who doesn't agree with them my way or the highway preachers. So if left those people would still take those liberties.

Take a look at the political preachers, many have almost 5 times the amount ( some even more ) of political posts as they do about any outdoor activities.

• Like 2

I belong to two forums with strict rules that are rigorously enforced, while I don’t agree with the some of those rules, I have no choice but to follow them . I’ll say both places are squared away , and totally focused on the subject of the forum . 
Heres Rule #6 from the Rolex Forum , what’s interesting is many members are also gun and knife guys , along with a number of hunters , but we can’t even mention those subjects on the forum .
6.CONTROVERSIAL TOPICS OR POSTS such as those relating to politics, race, culture, religion, sexual orientation or discrimination, violence (towards persons or animals) will be subject to the final and absolute discretion of the Moderators to be immediately locked and/or removed without notice to any member. No gun, knife, weapon threads or pictures of such since we are a worldwide forum and many members are not comfortable with this type of material. Infraction points and a possible lifelong ban will inevitably accompany such threads.
They let me say whatever I want on the fake Rolex forums.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, airedale said:

I am the exact opposite, rules are not made to be broken, they are made to be followed. If you can not behave then you should be canned no excuses. All this baloney would stop in a hurry!

You have a pattern here, every time one of these fiascos pops up you will have exactly the same members always involved. These are members who seem to think their self believed importance makes them untouchable, also this is the only board I have ever been involved with that allows "TROLLS" whose sole purpose of being a member of this board is to stir the pot.

From where I sit this board's content has been going down hill, there are some days where there is not one single hunting related post made.

Al

The same goes for moderating. You delete things that go against the rules, not things that you don’t like or agree with. The rules are there for everyone and should be applied fairly. 

the off season is always like that on here. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Waterfowler said:

Not surprising, WNYBuckHunter is a tool bag. He should go and fast Eddie stay

Lol whatever. I didnt drive Eddie out of here, he got upset because I respectfully Disagreed with what he did. 

if I was really a tool bag, I’d delete your post and ban you for name calling. Keep it classy guy. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

That was aggressive. Also coming from someone with a total of 8 posts I do not believe that it holds much water either

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

It’s ok, I’ve been called much worse on here by better. I can Handle the haters. 

• Like 2

wow !!! what a love-fest for a guy that single handedly ruined this place .Bring back Geno .exactly my point about a hierarchy in here and as long you are lovey dovey  with the moderator you get to say anything you like or bash other participants .BUT GOD FORBIDE !!!  you say something that hurt their feeling you get banned .Inho one person wielding too much power 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, meateater said:

wow !!! what a love-fest for a guy that single handedly ruined this place .Bring back Geno .exactly my point about a hierarchy in here and as long you are lovey dovey  with the moderator you get to say anything you like or bash other participants .BUT GOD FORBIDE !!!  you say something that hurt their feeling you get banned .Inho one person wielding too much power 

You saw the picture in question?