Snake boots

Versatile_Hunter

I have 8’ Danners that I wear when I go hunting. I get into some pretty nasty stuff looking for critters. In the off season I’m by the water a lot and in the woods training my dog. I don’t usually think of snakes and I’ve only encountered a couple, one of which was venomous (it rattled). 

I’m going south for a boar hunt in a few weeks and the outfitter recommends snake boots. I’m trying to decide whether I should go that route or if my Danners or rubber boots would suffice. Anybody have experience with snake encounters and/or recommendations for snake boots that would tip the balance in that direction?

Thanks

7 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Lived down there almost 9 years saw bunches of snakes. Never had snake boots just rubber lacrosses.

Your outfitter will recommend them and your guide will be wearing sneakers or crocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha! You know I pushed back a bit and he said he wears them. But then again, he’s in the woods just about daily...

8 foot Danners? Do you mean 8 inch Danners?  Anyway, I viewed a You Tube video about scouting for deer in Florida. The guy in the videos hunts some forests with pockets of standing water. He claims to have been struck by water moccasins on 3 different occasions. He wears rubber boots (Lacrosse ?) and they protected him. However, his boots were taller than 8 inches. I would feel unprotected with low boots. His boots were closer to knee high.

• Thanks 1