How Many Guns Can You Have On Your Pistol Permit?

I just found out my license was approved and I'm able to pick it up on Friday. Right now I have one gun sitting at an FFL waiting to be picked up, but in talking to my dad, he's wanting to gift me a few more. Can anyone tell me how many handguns you can have on your permit? I've been digging through Google to find out, but can't seem to come up with an answer? 

• Like 1

I just found out my license was approved and I'm able to pick it up on Friday. Right now I have one gun sitting at an FFL waiting to be picked up, but in talking to my dad, he's wanting to gift me a few more. Can anyone tell me how many handguns you can have on your permit? I've been digging through Google to find out, but can't seem to come up with an answer? 
The answer is 5-6 per card. But in reality when you fill up a card they just print out additional ones listing the rest so really your personal finances and desires are your only limiting factor

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

No limit , you can co-own pistols with family members I have all mine on my wife’s. My oldest has his PP and I’ll be adding all of ours on his also. It’s $5 per pistol to add . 

Edited by rob-c

13 minutes ago, rob-c said:

No limit , you can co-own pistols with family members I have all mine on my wife’s. My oldest has his PP and I’ll be adding all of ours on his also. It’s $5 per pistol to add . 

Yes to no limit- maybe to co-permit, it varies by county.  Because, NYS is dumb. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

The answer is 5-6 per card. But in reality when you fill up a card they just print out additional ones listing the rest so really your personal finances and desires are your only limiting factor

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

I have 15 on my first card. Working in a second now...

• Like 2

The biggest expense will be shipping and FFL transfer from Illinois. My dad keeps saying "I'll just send them back with you when you come out this summer" and I have to remind him that doesn't work :) The long guns he's given me aren't a big deal, but the handguns have to be shipped and transferred. Oh well....

19 minutes ago, Splitear said:

The biggest expense will be shipping and FFL transfer from Illinois. My dad keeps saying "I'll just send them back with you when you come out this summer" and I have to remind him that doesn't work :) The long guns he's given me aren't a big deal, but the handguns have to be shipped and transferred. Oh well....

Yup more governmental b.s.

17 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

I’ve got 8 on mine and there’s room for more 

2 hours ago, Splitear said:

The long guns he's given me aren't a big deal, but the handguns have to be shipped and transferred. Oh well....

Not necessarily true.  Complete a amendment form PPB-5 REV (ny.gov) and submit to your county clerk to get the pistols on your permit.

Apply for a Pennsylvania pistol permit:  Firearm/Gun Information for Each Pennsylvania County (pafoa.org)

Once you get your PA permit. You can go get the pistols and transfer back to NY legally. To be 100% legal your Dad could take to the border and hand them over.

Once we had the paper work for Pa. completed and we made the trip there it took about 15 minutes to walk out with a permit. It has to be done in person and you have to show your NY permit. The link I provided will will give a list of participating counties and you can download the form from their site.

No FFL required

CCW Reciprocity Maps For All US States (2019 Update) (gunstocarry.com)

Go to your county permit office and explain your situation with your father. Get it in writing what YOUR county wants. Regardless of what is supposed to be legal to do in NY, individual county permit offices knowledge and instructions vary. Most are very helpful if you are pleasant. Visit in person.

Already been said co-registering and how you can add pistols depends on the county and its pistol clerk. I know of a gentlemen that's into pistols they stopped giving him cards and basically he carries around a printed letter with the remainder on them. I don't know how many he had but it's dozens upon dozens.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 2