Finally got it

rachunter

Took almost two months to get here,but we’ll worth the wait. I wanted a muzzle loader shotgun for a few years,but kept looking for a used one well I gave in and bought a new pedersoli 12 ga. sxs and couldn’t be happier it’s beautiful. I’m going to try some turkey and small game hunting with it. I’d also like to try a little sheet shooting if I can find a range up by me.

a8623ff9d08dbf1bcad306248170f897.jpg

7a6f8a5f2216f344d1ffb0305eb961c1.jpg

27dc08d8e26ce0083c6c0cb0afa3838f.jpg

357a14c87363e14ea6f6c96acfa33a51.jpg

Hoping to shoot it in a few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 29

Cool! Gonna use blackpowder or substitute...or a better question, do you have any?

I picked up four pounds of goax ff from powder valley. I’m going to try and stay traditional except for the nickel plated 5’s for turkeys. This is the magnum version of there classic so I can load up to 90gr. With 11/8oz shot. For the small game I went with 71/2’s

3 hours ago, rachunter said:

I picked up four pounds of goax ff from powder valley. I’m going to try and stay traditional except for the nickel plated 5’s for turkeys. This is the magnum version of there classic so I can load up to 90gr. With 11/8oz shot. For the small game I went with 71/2’s

I really think the real Mckoy (black powder) is the way to go with my MLers....more sure ignition, I get better groups, and dangit, you should clean your firearms after shooting them anyway...I dont think the substitutes buy enough leeway to make it worthwhile. Have fun!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

That's a beauty! Good luck with the turkeys, should be fun sighting it in! 

I still have my White 12ga bp and every year I say that I'll try to take a spring bird with it and still haven't done it.  Maybe this May?

I've aways enjoyed muzzleloaders and always wanted a shotgun.Break out that gun and go for it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hunter said:

That's a beauty, only problem; now I want one. 

I'm just glad the Kodiak was out of stock when i ordered the shotty or it'd be sitting next to it,lol

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/product/product_id/8588/category_id/316/product_name/PR0975+PEDERSOLI+KODIAK+DOUBLE+RIFLE%2C+.54+X+.54+CALIBER

• 2 weeks later...

Got to shoot it over the weekend. What a rip I had. I wouldn’t even hesitate to shoot a turkey with ether barrel at 30yrds. It was very consistent. The load was 80gr. FF black powder with 11/2oz of nickel plated #5’s. I was also shooting a basketball with #71/2’s just for fun and fun it was.
10cc072bc07946c28ad675db7a0c10c1.jpg
Cylinder bore
0df48c76d1661187f2d93a39af9b7d91.jpg
Modified bore

• Like 5

Holy crap,  that's awesome.   I don’t care if I ever shoot another tom. I get more excitement from the youth or first timers than me shooting another turkey.  Unless its with a BP.  Looking forward to experiencing your traditional hunt through this thread.  Good luck,  im rooting for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mowin said:

Holy crap,  that's awesome.   I don’t care if I ever shoot another tom. I get more excitement from the youth or first timers than me shooting another turkey.  Unless its with a BP.  Looking forward to experiencing your traditional hunt through this thread.  Good luck,  im rooting for you. 

Amen to that. I feel the same basically. I love being there calling them, but the youth and newbie hunts mean way more to me..  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rachunter said:

Got to shoot it over the weekend. What a rip I had. I wouldn’t even hesitate to shoot a turkey with ether barrel at 30yrds. It was very consistent. The load was 80gr. FF black powder with 11/2oz of nickel plated #5’s. I was also shooting a basketball with #71/2’s just for fun and fun it was.
10cc072bc07946c28ad675db7a0c10c1.jpg
Cylinder bore
0df48c76d1661187f2d93a39af9b7d91.jpg
Modified bore

That is awesome sir!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
How did your season go? I am hoping to have a flintlock shotgun by next year.

I never got out had to go in for hand surgery. It looks like squirrels or fall turkey will be my only chance this year.

8 hours ago, rachunter said:

I never got out had to go in for hand surgery. It looks like squirrels or fall turkey will be my only chance this year.

I just got my date for surgery on my left toe that went wee wee wee all the way home, June 29 I hope it works. Best of luck with it in the coming season.

On 6/1/2021 at 8:15 PM, Sir-diealot said:

I just got my date for surgery on my left toe that went wee wee wee all the way home, June 29 I hope it works. Best of luck with it in the coming season.

Good luck with the little piggy.

• Like 2