Biden Seeks Assault Weapons Ban and Background Checks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-seeks-assault-weapons-ban-and-background-checks/ar-BB1eTvTs?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz

The article states that President Biden said “common sense steps that will save lives in the future.”

Can Biden and all the other gun control advocates define “common sense”?

The article states “making a renewed call for gun safety legislation”.

So “gun safety legislation is the new “gun control legislation”.  Just a name change.  Same old penalize the law abiding with more restrictions and prohibitions because of violent sociopaths. 

Gun control advocates are so absorbed with blaming firearms, they ignore the root causes of violent crime.  The incompetent politicians need to blame themselves for their failed illegal drug laws and failed mental health care system.  

• Like 2

I heard on fox news earlier today. Someone not sure who it was said."when someone kills someone with a gun they blame the gun. When a cop kills someone with a gun they blame the cop. Doesn't make much sense.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Know why people get killed in mass shootings?  The government prevents them from returning fire to defend themselves.  Many of these insane killers have been stopped by an armed citizen, but the media refuses to tell that to the public.  They want us to believe these people cannot be stopped.  Yet many are.  It's propaganda from a biased mass media.  Sadly, too many stupid and cowardly people swallow it.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've  owned a few " assault " rifles and found them good for spray and pray and thats about it lol. I'd  rather have a good bolt gun with a great scope that shoots outside your opponent's  weapons max range. And the best M.O.U.T weapon ever created was the  good old shotgun. Clear a room in one or 2 rounds instead of 30 lol

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

Know why people get killed in mass shootings?  The government prevents them from returning fire to defend themselves.  Many of these insane killers have been stopped by an armed citizen, but the media refuses to tell that to the public.  They want us to believe these people cannot be stopped.  Yet many are.  It's propaganda from a biased mass media.  Sadly, too many stupid and cowardly people swallow it.

Oh look! It's Alex Jones! You have any proof to back up any of this? PROOF! Not you're misinformed opinions.

I'm also going to tell you this and I want you to think about it, the next time you feel a need to call people cowards or anything even close, remember the loudest talking jack a$$3s on the web are usually the biggest candy @$$es out there. I already called you on that once, now I'm doing it again. Go start you revolution or w/e you want, just please STFU!

I also want you to know people like you irritate me, because when I need tin foil I can never find any because you have it all wrapped around your heads.

I'm starting to think papist and all his minions never left, they had this account set up in advance and take turns posting with it. They all had the same MO, talk, spew, invoke propaganda, skirt questions, and when it comes time to nut up they got nuthin'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The "gun safety" "common sense" nonsense is all over the media today.  Unfortunately its the same old restrict this and prohibit that nonsense as opposed to dealing with the root causes of violent behavior. 

Maybe the populace is not intelligent enough to understand that since I occasionally see comments made that are inappropriate.  One of the problems is there are people who are infected with some degree of emotional disturbance, mental disability and/or intellectually deficient.  When they are unable to control those infections they manifest themselves into varying degrees of violent behavior.  These sociopaths will then express themselves with their mouth, some with their fist and others with weapons.  A very dangerous situation.

We certainly need a better mental healthcare system for these people before they harm others.  On that same note, approximately 2/3 of the deaths by firearms are self inflicted to commit suicide.  Sad and tragic, but these people are mentally ill and should have received better mental health care.  Reports allege the shooter at the supermarket in Boulder, Colorado was a violent person.  Reports are in over his past "inappropriate" behavior.  Sadly we need to control people like that more than firearms.  One type of legislation proposed will look at peoples social media behavior.  If someone cannot control their mouth, that may be grounds to restrict or prohibit their access to firearms.

Unfortunately with the Democrats in charge like we saw in New York State with the enactment of the SAFE Act, the "gun control circus" will bring on more restrictions and prohibitions, but not make us safer. 

11 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

The "gun safety" "common sense" nonsense is all over the media today.  Unfortunately its the same old restrict this and prohibit that nonsense as opposed to dealing with the root causes of violent behavior. 

Maybe the populace is not intelligent enough to understand that since I occasionally see comments made that are inappropriate.  One of the problems is there are people who are infected with some degree of emotional disturbance, mental disability and/or intellectually deficient.  When they are unable to control those infections they manifest themselves into varying degrees of violent behavior.  These sociopaths will then express themselves with their mouth, some with their fist and others with weapons.  A very dangerous situation.

We certainly need a better mental healthcare system for these people before they harm others.  On that same note, approximately 2/3 of the deaths by firearms are self inflicted to commit suicide.  Sad and tragic, but these people are mentally ill and should have received better mental health care.  Reports allege the shooter at the supermarket in Boulder, Colorado was a violent person.  Reports are in over his past "inappropriate" behavior.  Sadly we need to control people like that more than firearms.  One type of legislation proposed will look at peoples social media behavior.  If someone cannot control their mouth, that may be grounds to restrict or prohibit their access to firearms.

Unfortunately with the Democrats in charge like we saw in New York State with the enactment of the SAFE Act, the "gun control circus" will bring on more restrictions and prohibitions, but not make us safer. 

Agree.

How to do you respond to someone who asked “the guy had a violent and aggressive passed yet still legally bought a firearm”.  

We been around this bush already.  People got upset that someone who seeks mental help or had accusations of domestic violence brought against them having their firearms restricted.  I can search old threads, but im sure we can remember discussions about this  

You acknowledge that this person had a sketchy past and probably shouldn’t of had a firearm in their possession, especially legally.  But Democrats will argue that if they had it their way this guy might have never been able to get a gun.  

Im not taking about you specifically, but the argument against gun restrictions.  

Edited by diplomat019

4 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Oh look! It's Alex Jones! You have any proof to back up any of this? PROOF! Not you're misinformed opinions.

I'm also going to tell you this and I want you to think about it, the next time you feel a need to call people cowards or anything even close, remember the loudest talking jack a$$3s on the web are usually the biggest candy @$$es out there. I already called you on that once, now I'm doing it again. Go start you revolution or w/e you want, just please STFU!

I also want you to know people like you irritate me, because when I need tin foil I can never find any because you have it all wrapped around your heads.

I'm starting to think papist and all his minions never left, they had this account set up in advance and take turns posting with it. They all had the same MO, talk, spew, invoke propaganda, skirt questions, and when it comes time to nut up they got nuthin'.

Texas Church Shooting Stopped by Armed Citizens - Reactionary Times

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Grouse said:

OK maybe once I will.  LOL!  I doubt the denialist will admit he's wrong though.  I have time to waste today because it's raining.

Grouse, do you think everyone here or even maybe half of us are anti-gun? I think you're preaching to the choir. Repeatedly.

I'll ask, but don't expect an answer, are you a member of Q-Anon?

• Haha 1

LOL!  I am not even familiar with Q-Anon.  I've heard the name but have no idea.

I find your questions to be really weird Jerry.  I'm sorry, but I don't think I would talk to you in person because I can't relate to where your head is at.  Did you find my last post to you offensive?  Other's incorrectly seemed to think it was.  That was not the intent.  I simply cannot help you.

I don't think anyone here is anti-gun.  I think many are just submissive.  The fact that Waste-Time would challenge a factual pro-gun statement the way he did seems to indicate he's either anti-self defense, anti-truth, or just thinks he can embarrass me.  I find that type of nonsense intolerable.  I have never heard a choir rudely challenge things they supposedly support, like this one does.

I find many attitudes on this forum to be really scary.  Too much ego in the replies and not much refutation.  It's exhausting.

Is it any wonder we are losing our rights?  I pity them.  I really do.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ApexerER said:

That's one, not most. Rarely are the general public involves in stopping mass shootings.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

I don't bother replying to idiots who think they are intelligent and have no clue what the facts are.  Let him be happy in his delusions.  He's a waste of time.

Great comeback, name calling. Just like a Democrat. If that's your idea of intelligence, then you are the idiot. I take it back, that would give idiots a bad reputation.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Rarely are the general public involves in stopping mass shootings.

Because they are disarmed!  That's what I said in the post you challenged.  And I did not call you any names, unless you relate to the generalization I used.  Jeeez.

40 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I find your questions to be really weird Jerry.  I'm sorry, but I don't think I would talk to you in person because I can't relate to where your head is at.  Did you find my last post to you offensive?  Other's incorrectly seemed to think it was.  That was not the intent.  I simply cannot help you.

Coincidentally, I find you to be really weird. You bloviate on and on and on and on about the same stuff, but when engaged in open and non-confrontational communication, you either a) clam up, b) avoid the question, c) turn it around as an insult to the questioner. This is a fairly decent community of mostly like-minded members who besides their pursuit of outdoor recreation, are all concerned about 2A rights. But although I certainly can't speak for everybody here, I think you're all alone in your quest to relive 1776. 

I haven't been offended at anything you've posted, rather it makes me curious to interact with you. I have an engineering background so I'm naturally curious of things and how they work. Maybe I'm feeling some sense of schadenfreude or something like it regarding the fact that you come off as a paranoid little keyboard warrior, and you really don't bring anything else to the forum. Oh yeah, you post memes - cause that'll save our gun rights, lol. Someone else asked your profession, and you turtled up immediately. OMG, "they might find out who I am - oh no"! 

And if I'm correct, your previous persona as Papist was more engaging as a person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

And if I'm correct, your previous persona as Papist was more engaging as a person.

My guess is Mr VJP/Rattler.  No way to prove it of course, but they sound like the same animal to me.  VJP/Rattler/Grouse were all fans of Kimber rifles so that is one clue.  I once asked Rattler if he was Mr VJP when he said that he was originally from eastern Europe and he said that they were second cousins.  LOL.   Yeah right!

17 minutes ago, steve863 said:

My guess is Mr VJP/Rattler.  No way to prove it of course, but they sound like the same animal to me.  VJP/Rattler/Grouse were all fans of Kimber rifles so that is one clue.  I once asked Rattler if he was Mr VJP when he said that he was originally from eastern Europe and he said that they were second cousins.  LOL.   Yeah right!

Ahh, forgot about that VJP guy. I think you're correct.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

OK maybe once I will.  LOL!  I doubt the denialist will admit he's wrong though.  I have time to waste today because it's raining.

CCW.jpg

You have time today because it's raining? So we can expect 50 new threads instead of the usual 25?

Liberal anti-gun BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50952443

Fake news CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/29/us/church-shooting-texas/index.html

Commie NBC: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/i-killed-evil-parishioner-who-shot-gunman-describes-attack-texas-n1108706

Edited by left field

11 minutes ago, left field said:

You have time today because it's raining? So we can expect 50 new threads instead of the usual 25?

Liberal anti-gun BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50952443

Fake news CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/29/us/church-shooting-texas/index.html

Commie NBC: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/i-killed-evil-parishioner-who-shot-gunman-describes-attack-texas-n1108706

They must have swallowed their anti gun pride to post those articles. Probably cried in the back room afterwards. LOL

Here are the ones that count that you never hear about. The 500 thousand to 3 million times a year that armed people either stopped robberies , rapes , muggings , domestic violence attacks , and self defense. Im sure a few of those were also stopping a mass murder of some kind. There are many articles on how many times armed citizens saved the day. I read an FBI or a DOJ article a while back that had just the self defense number at over 500,000 times. 

I also read an article some time ago disputing these numbers from a descending liberal point of view why all firearms should be banned. I do remember their statistical number though . They claimed that firearms were used ONLY 187,000 times on average per year stopping all the above situations. Imagine that ! We should ban ALL firearms because they were only used 187,000 times per year to stop a violent act .  It just goes to show you that " You Just Cant Fix Stupid " 

https://www.heritage.org/data-visualizations/firearms/defensive-gun-uses-in-the-us/#:~:text=These cases are not based,3 million times each year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DirtTime said:

So this is like the 10th post (at least) where someone has mentioned this Papist guy; must have pre-dated me cuz I've never heard of him or have seen his posts.  Who the hell is Papist? Sounds like he was a hard-core Conservative dude that posted alot in the Political section, yes?

12 minutes ago, left field said:

The contention was that the “liberal media” doesn’t report these stories and I linked to three media outlets doing just that. 

Now you want to move the goalpost and say that’s they need to report on 500,000 similar stories? 

Actually LF , Im not moving the goal post. Im exposing the goal post for what it is. That owning firearms is very beneficial and stops a lot of crimes and violence. But you never hear the Pro side on those news outlets. Well maybe except the ONE thats described. Why cant these same news outlets show the statistical data that disproves the " Ban All Guns " and " We Need Gun Control ! " crowd ? 

What you do get a steady pounding of is how some scumbag gang banger , thief , rapist, looter etc somehow gets twisted in the media to be labeled as the victim when he gets shot . And God forbid if he was black. Then those same stations pound that story down everyones throats as some kind of racist event. Then they want to really open the can of worms and demand gun control on everybody , ban everything , defund the police , bla bla bla.

There is so much more to be said about tons of other events , but out of respect for you Im done with this thread. Moving over to the better parts of life like the hunting and fishing threads. And the FOOD ! And the  drooling " Whats For Dinner " threads ! LOL   See you over in the saner part of the forum.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

So this is like the 10th post (at least) where someone has mentioned this Papist guy; must have pre-dated me cuz I've never heard of him or have seen his posts.  Who the hell is Papist? Sounds like he was a hard-core Conservative dude that posted alot in the Political section, yes?

yes

papist changed his screen name to field ager when he started getting nutty.I personally never had an issue with him we both agreed hillary clinton would be a bad choice for president.If he posted something that didn't intrest me i just didn't read or reply to it.I really don't think grouse is papist,but definitely someone before my time.I don't understand the whole idea of have two or three accounts,but there's definitely a few on here.

It's like philoshop said to me when i first replyed in this section you never know who your debating with.I miss philoshop he was a straight shooter in here.

• Like 3