Biden Seeks Assault Weapons Ban and Background Checks

People who refer to a ar15 as a assault rifle need to do some research and look up what a class 3 rifle is because it's not semi auto ...and if you are saying a semi auto ar15 is a assault rifle then guess what your grand pappys old semi auto 30-06 rifle is to bye that assumption right ...see the slippery slope ..

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i think the language there is "can be".  But isnt necessary or meant for that application.  They were created as weapons of war.  Can they be used for hunting .. sure.  But most people dont see why it is needed or see it as a hunting weapon.  And it is hard to argue at times. 

Handguns were created as side arms, for use when your main battle weapon runs dry and handguns kill way more people than AR's ever will.

AR's "are" battle weapon's and were designed for that purpose.

The 2nd amendment wasn't written after the founding fathers came back from a hunting trip, it was written after they won a war of oppression and that war wasn't won with spears, it was won with muskets that were designed for battle.

Those muskets were also very good for hunting game too. 

The same principle applies to this day and age.

If safety is such a big concern, then the speed limit in the US would be 55 MPH everywhere and cars wouldn't be able to go over 55 mph.

Speeding kills over 10,000 Americans a year (not to mention the other fatalities and injuries caused by automobiles) and although cars are a needed tool for almost every American, why do they need to go over 55 Mph, if it'll save thousands of lives a year ?

Safety is only cared about, when a political objective needs to be shoved down your throat.

Ask the victims and the families of the victims that have suffered under the Bail reform law's that ass hat Gov cuomo Implemented.

If he cared about the publics safety, why let criminals out of jail and let them commit crime after crime against unarmed and helpless citizens ?

They don't give a rats ass about your safety.

Yet they hide behind armed to the teeth security, because their important.

You need to take any means necessary to protect you and your loved one's lives.

It's not supposed to be a fair fight and if an armed criminal (That doesn't care about the SAFE act, because their a freaking criminal) is coming to harm my family, I want an AR death machine with a 30 round magazine in my hands, not a musket.

SJC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2A is about 23 on my actual list of concerns about the country and having a "home machine gun" to defend myself.  I will try to get by with the ones i have.   I worry more about bail reform for sure and mutiple other things including implementing green scores, devalue of the dollar, the border, the fact that our presidential choices suck, cyber attacks, etc etc....oh and etc....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Can you guys please stop comparing cars to guns? I don't remember the last time i needed my gun to get to work. A vehicle is not designed to kill,but it can. So can dental floss.

No.

An automobile is a tool, just like a firearm is a tool.

You don't use it and it doesn't do anything.

The person that uses it is the catalyst that makes it deadly or not.

Plain Automobile accidents kill over 40,000 people a year.

Add the other unintentional and intentioned deaths caused by automobiles and your around 100,000+ deaths. 

Does the inconvenience of not using an automobile to get somewhere quicker than riding a bicycle or walking constitute the Death toll caused by automobiles ?

It seems so.

We need to focus on the person, not the tool.

Edited by Shoots100
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

2A is about 23 on my actual list of concerns

I would have thought just the opposite, from someone that spends the amount of time on this board that you do along with the number of posts you have made that the second amendment would be very important:o

Edited by airedale

Can you guys please stop comparing cars to guns? I don't remember the last time i needed my gun to get to work. A vehicle is not designed to kill,but it can. So can dental floss.

I don't think he is comparing cars to guns as much as the analogy or thought process regarding gun control. Things keep going they way they are you may need your gun to get to work in the future.:triniti:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

2A is about 23 on my actual list of concerns about the country and having a "home machine gun" to defend myself.  I will try to get by with the ones i have.   I worry more about bail reform for sure and mutiple other things including implementing green scores, devalue of the dollar, the border, the fact that our presidential choices suck, cyber attacks, etc etc....oh and etc....

Most people right and left probably feel the same most are indifferent so the million dollar question is why are they pushing all this BS we know it's not because they want to stop crime ,  they don't enforce the laws that are on the books now.  Its all about control poltictians are control freaks that fear there own citizens  .

They still have not taken down that fence at the capital they probably never will . 

• Like 1

Vehicles not design to kill boy are you wrong . Look at the history of war you got tanks before tanks you hand calvary and chariots  

Today you have car truck bombs drive by shootings and just bad and drunk drivers all kill people more then ARS in this country every year .  Knifes actually kill more people then ARs in this country . 

They are trying to ban the wrong thing looks like . 

The government is banning guns because they are a threat to the government's monopoly on power and control, not because they give a crap about crime.

These laws are most often enforced against ordinary, responsible gun owners for mere possession of a banned firearm.  Criminals plea bargain the gun charges away when they make a deal in court.  Cuomo let a lot of felons out of jail who used guns in crime.

1 hour ago, airedale said:

I would have thought just the opposite, from someone that spends the amount of time on this board that you do along with the number of posts you have made that the second amendment would be very important:o

it is very important Im just not as worrried about it going away as you guys are. Other things are more immediate issues at least in my mind

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

Most people right and left probably feel the same most are indifferent so the million dollar question is why are they pushing all this BS we know it's not because they want to stop crime ,  they don't enforce the laws that are on the books now.  Its all about control poltictians are control freaks that fear there own citizens  .

They still have not taken down that fence at the capital they probably never will . 

yes i do not like a continuous military control at the capitol either.

• Like 1

My liberal anti-gun guys are still telling me that he's not taking my guns and I should relax. I just can't understand their logic or reasoning when someone states they're looking to ban something... and how that wouldn't be taking something from me.

I tend to offer them the definition of intrinsic and extrinsic value and they're so far gone at that point that I realize I'm wasting my time and energy.

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

The guy that votes librarian and conservative and is an nra member....lol ok

While I agree with you that there are many other topics that are important to this country ,it’s a domino effect .They take one thing ,they will continue to take others .Maybe I came off a bit harsh ,I apologize.but I’ve read some crazy stuff on here from so called “sportsman”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

While I agree with you that there are many other topics that are important to this country ,it’s a domino effect .They take one thing ,they will continue to take others .Maybe I came off a bit harsh ,I apologize.but I’ve read some crazy stuff on here from so called “sportsman”.

Stand by your words.  Don't be like one of these liberals that say something and then go and retract it. 

4 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Lol.  No worries.  I just don't think the sky is falling just because of 2A. Lots of other things worry me more about the country.  And are far more impending and far more overspreading .  I only jump in here for the political stuff on occasion. Cause as you said it gets ridiculous.  

2 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Stand by your words.  Don't be like one of these liberals that say something and then go and retract it. 

Right be hard and unbending and never listen or take anyone's else's point of view as something that could be of value .... Stay strong.  Only liberals do that it's a sign of weakness.  Stay strong!  Lol. Let's all stay divided it's working so well.  With these last two I will leave what was an actual pretty good political conversation.  Oh wait that might be liberal too let me check the list and I will get back to you....wait here. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1