New carry piece

I figured I would get something that the current powers that be wouldn’t want me to get with part of my gubbement stimulus. So I headed off to Runnings to see what they had in stock, if anything, and they didn’t disappoint. They had just what I have been looking for, a Springfield Hellcat 9mm. It’s a great pistol for CC, nice and small, thin, light weight and plenty of capacity at 10+1. 

I grabbed some extra mags, and was able to get a box of target loads and a small box of Critical Defence as well. I ordered a very nice IWB holster for it, which is supposed to be here Monday. 

FDD1F779-89B9-47FD-A1A1-3AC7D5356ED9.jpeg

0E3866BE-B13D-4FF1-BE08-AF7AE3DFD4D8.jpeg

DFFAEC41-1693-4066-8D96-EF761523BF07.jpeg

D8378ECE-5B3F-4DF2-AA09-C56DD52ED2F3.jpeg

619E64EA-9410-4A78-8579-163231D56CF6.jpeg

• Like 23

When I got my Sig 365 those weren't available. If they were I'd have taken a hard look at them.   I bought a few holsters for mine then settled (happily) for a PJ Holster,  inside the pants with a hook that goes under the belt.  I can grab it and go within a moments notice.....

Good luck with your new piece John.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

When I got my Sig 365 those weren't available. If they were I'd have taken a hard look at them.   I bought a few holsters for mine then settled (happily) for a PJ Holster,  inside the pants with a hook that goes under the belt.  I can grab it and go within a moments notice.....

Good luck with your new piece John.

I ordered mine from We The People Holsters. Vacuum molded Kydex with the second amendment screen printed on it. It has the clip that goes under the belt like you describe. I’ll post a pic when it gets here. 

2 hours ago, Steve D said:

Looks like a pretty nice carry option...Enjoy. Did they have any small pistol primers???:taunt::taunt:

If they would have, I would Have left with them lol. They have a bunch of 55gr 223 fmj. I have A crap ton of it and don’t want to buy it just because it’s there and feed into the hoarding. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rob-c said:

I detect a theme here, nice carry piece . 

Lol I actually Avoided looking at one when they first came out because I didnt want the wise cracks, but it’s just such a perfect carry piece and I love SA products. Always had the best luck with them. Can’t wait to see how this one shoots. 

• Like 2

Very nice John ! I always forget about Runnings .

I was just shooting at the Webster Militia Proving Grounds ( located in Ontario county ) last Thursday , should have checked it out , I tend to turn the other way and go to The Other Half , after .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grampy said:

Great looking CC piece John. Is that a two stage trigger?

Yes, it’s not like the ones S&W uses though. I barely feel these. It’s put on there to be some sort of safety I guess. Most of the SA handguns use a pinch safety where there’s a button on the back of the grip and the 2 stage trigger. These don’t have the pinch safety. 

On 3/27/2021 at 2:03 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

The grip on this is perfect as is. The stippling is great. I doubt I’ll monkey with this gun at all. 

Good idea to leave stock for a cc gun.. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

I just got a Glock model 43 9mm and 2 whole boxes of ammo!  Still in the box and planning to take it to the range this weekend.  Pics forthcoming, but it is a pistol without a soul.  Simply a tool.   That Hellcat is borderline sexy! 

• Like 2

Lol I actually Avoided looking at one when they first came out because I didnt want the wise cracks, but it’s just such a perfect carry piece and I love SA products. Always had the best luck with them. Can’t wait to see how this one shoots. 

Thanks to your post I went and held one the other day... I am having a very hard time not buying it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1