New carry piece

4 hours ago, chrisw said:

How does it feel compared to the XDS I wonder? I've yet to fondle the hellcat but I love my XDS 45. I could use another 9mm...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

I like It better because of the stippling. It’s only a hair thicker than the XDS

I doubt It. I want To keep it small and light. 

The reason why I asked is because when they added the rail to the hellcat it made it difficult to mount the micro lights that are popular on the other micro 9’s without the rail. The lights mount then becomes wider to go over the rail and thus making the gun wider.

That’s the main reason I don’t own one. I won’t ccw a handgun without a mounted light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 10:15 AM, SportsmanNH said:

I bought this one in Sept of 2019 for my CCW . Springfield Arms XDS-9 with red laser site . Thank God its not a Hellcat or I would of had to go to the Dodge dealership looking for an SRT to drive it around with ! :o

XDS.JPG

XDS9.JPG

I have that covered

7A3647FF-2C15-4DD9-9A89-B66C028746C3.jpeg

Forgot to mention before. Desantis makes a real nice holster as far as I am concerned called the Slim Tuk pegasus. It is IWB that can be adjusted for carry angle, right hand or left hand, and by revering the belt clip can be worn on the outside as well. Very versatile holster for $35.00. With the shipping it is about $55.00. I have found this one to be very comfortable.

SLIM-TUK (desantisholster.com)

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 4:13 PM, Otto said:

I just got a Glock model 43 9mm and 2 whole boxes of ammo!  Still in the box and planning to take it to the range this weekend.  Pics forthcoming, but it is a pistol without a soul.  Simply a tool.   That Hellcat is borderline sexy! 

Otto I agree, I have a Glock 19 Gen 4. It ain't sexy but good ole made in GA and will last forever.

• Like 1

@WNYBuckHunter

I have found myself on Springfield’s website about 4 times since this thread, lol.  I have an XD Mod2 .45 bi-tone, love it, but its heavy, and thick obviously.  My dad has an XDS 9, and while its great, it just feels like a block of wood in my hand.  Does the Hellcat feel like that too? I see the Hellcat is 1” versus XDS’ .9”. Thanks

2 hours ago, Bionic said:

@WNYBuckHunter

I have found myself on Springfield’s website about 4 times since this thread, lol.  I have an XD Mod2 .45 bi-tone, love it, but its heavy, and thick obviously.  My dad has an XDS 9, and while its great, it just feels like a block of wood in my hand.  Does the Hellcat feel like that too? I see the Hellcat is 1” versus XDS’ .9”. Thanks

Nope, the grip is great. I looked at the XDS as well, and this one definitely feels different. It’s just a touch wider due to the stack and a half design vs the single stack XDS. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 10:43 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Get a chance to put some rounds down range yet??

Yep. Just a few as I’m having trouble finding ammo, but so far I love it. It’s not as jumpy as I was originally thinking it might be. Once I find some ammo, I’ll do a better review. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
I saw runnings had a hellcat , it just looks so much smaller then my XDS. I couldn't stay and look any longer , i was running out of discipline. 

It’s funny you say that, I went to trade in my XDS and get a hellcat. I figured they were too similar to have both. I wound up leaving with a Glock 48. I have never been a Glock fan but I loved the way it felt in my hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...