Is there a free app that shows property lines

luberhill

Google maps have property lines in most counties in NY. Its the  lines from the tax maps. But you need  to zoom in to almost the  maximum magnification before they show up. And they do not show up on the satellite background. And they do not show property owners names or address.

1 hour ago, luberhill said:

I’ve used HuntStand and OnX free trials 

I only need it about once a year so I wasn’t looking to pay for it .

Didnt know if any state or federal apps showed property lines like HuntStand 

You can use the property lines on huntstand for free. They give you ten free then you have to wait 30 days and you get ten more free. I use it all the time. It's under the "parcel" info.  

Screenshot_20210328-104612.png

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

All the apps a d tax maps are approximate. If you want actual lines you need a survey and GPS coordinates a good GPS will let you then follow your line and set way points if you set a line of travel from point a to point b..   everything else is approximate. Huntstand, onyx, do not have the accuracy if you fighting over feet, if you want general approximation then yes they are decent.  But old wire fences are approximate as well and can be off several feet.

Sometimes the farmers had a road way around the fenced fields that were theres for.maintanace .and the fence is 10 of 15 ft off the line.  Had friend run into this when he put stand just off old fence top of the hill ,land sold next to him and his elaborate wood stand was 10 ft on the neighbors land when surveyed ...  

• Like 1

I didn’t realize I owned half of my brothers house and pool!  OnX is not always very accurate.  I contacted the company a few years ago to report the error (they told me they want errors to be reported so they fix them)...still waiting.  I do find OnX helpful so I have been renewing each year.

A85DD643-E61B-4F6D-ADB4-928EC107EFAF.png

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, eaglemountainman said:

I have no experience with OnX, but when I was researching, a bunch of the guys on Rokslide who had multiple apps, preferred Gaia GPS. That's the way I went and have been very happy with it so far. It's not free though.  

Isn't there a free and limited option?

6 minutes ago, left field said:

Isn't there a free and limited option?

I believe they have a free 30 day trial for their basic plan. The premium plan that I paid for, gives access to a lot more info, and for all 50 states, as opposed to just one. Keep an eye out, since they frequently run a nice discount sale.

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

You can use the property lines on huntstand for free. They give you ten free then you have to wait 30 days and you get ten more free. I use it all the time. It's under the "parcel" info.  

Screenshot_20210328-104612.png

Humm I tried that after 30 days , even deleted the app and reinstalled and it still won’t work

46 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Humm I tried that after 30 days , even deleted the app and reinstalled and it still won’t work

Maybe I have an old version since I've been using it for years.  Was hoping that was going to work for you.  After hearing that i am not gonna update mine.  Lol.  I use it a lot scouting for new spots. 

• Like 1