We Found Our Forever Home!

grampy

Congrats Dave! We did the same thing and bought our house in December. Made a list of everything that was important to us and decided not to settle for anything less! We sold our house and moved into a townhouse with a short term lease, until the ideal house came along. A house that checked all the boxes hit the market and we bought it 24hrs after it listed! First time in my life I can walk out my backdoor and hunt!! Complete privacy!! I always envied people that could watch deer and turkeys in their backyard, but now I have that too and LOVE IT!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Good luck with the new digs.

I dont know what I'd do if I had to move. I seem to have an inordinate amount of "stuff".

I hear ya Dan, and thanks! I will be posting some hunting stuff I don't need or use anymore, in the for sale section here. And a lot of other stuff will be just given away to someone who can use it, or thrown out.

We ARE trying to downsize after all. But given time, I'll likely just accumulate more new "stuff"........as I'm proned to do. :pardon: But I'll at least start out clean???

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

Congrats Dave! We did the same thing and bought our house in December. Made a list of everything that was important to us and decided not to settle for anything less! We sold our house and moved into a townhouse with a short term lease, until the ideal house came along. A house that checked all the boxes hit the market and we bought it 24hrs after it listed! First time in my life I can walk out my backdoor and hunt!! Complete privacy!! I always envied people that could watch deer and turkeys in their backyard, but now I have that too and LOVE IT!!

For years I was able to hunt out my back door! And I do still kinda miss that during deer season. But not the eight hours of mowing, each week, along with two hours of trimming, each week in the summer. Along with the six foot high snowdrifts in the driveway during winter and fixing a plow truck in minus zero wind chills! Also with doing minimum of ten cords of wood each year. It was all well and good when I was younger! But I'm definitely not getting any younger now days.

I can still be at the farm, or lake property, after an easy twenty minute drive. And I seem to appreciate it much more not living up there.

So happy that you too found your forever home my friend! Not much better than being where ya want to be! Makes life that much sweeter!

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1