Well this sucks

crappyice

Consider this a PSA.

Went to grab a few backstraps for tomorrow’s dinner with my best friend who is in from Colorado and was greeted by a crime scene.

a6246cae7007761c0f01cf404a9d1daf.jpg

Turns out someone flipped the wrong breaker in the shed trying to turnoff the motion sensor lights while his buddy’s were over a few weeks back to hang out and watch a movie in the backyard.

Guess I should have invested in the freezer alarm after all.

Please check your freezers. I have a few pound of ground and some cheddar jalapeño sausage to carry me over until 10/1...plus a buddy who has some to spare.

Kick in the nuts for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 12

Sorry to hear about that. I worry about that sometimes and think about canning some meat, but then I would worry about the jars not sealing.    My old basement freezer is 41 years old and probably on borrowed time.  I check it every weekday morning, when I am home.

A new freezer would surely save me some money on electricity, but I dont think they make them as durable as they used to.  My old one had been submerged twice in floods.  I just unplugged it, let it dry out, and it continued to chug along just like it always did.

I've been dreading this same thing. Fortunately, I haven't had to deal with what you're dealing with.  But I'm usually in my basement every other day.  Every time I go down the stairs,  I'm hoping to see the green light on the freezer.  I do believe at some point my luck will run out. 

Really need freezer alarms. 

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Consider this a PSA.

Went to grab a few backstraps for tomorrow’s dinner with my best friend who is in from Colorado and was greeted by a crime scene.

a6246cae7007761c0f01cf404a9d1daf.jpg

Turns out someone flipped the wrong breaker in the shed trying to turnoff the motion sensor lights while his buddy’s were over a few weeks back to hang out and watch a movie in the backyard.

Guess I should have invested in the freezer alarm after all.

Please check your freezers. I have a few pound of ground and some cheddar jalapeño sausage to carry me over until 10/1...plus a buddy who has some to spare.

Kick in the nuts for sure.

Make it North of Syracuse?  Have freezers full. Could spare a few pounds without issue.  Could not handle the 8 month drought without doubt. 

• Like 2

Make it North of Syracuse?  Have freezers full. Could spare a few pounds without issue.  Could not handle the 8 month drought without doubt. 

Thanks FSW...you especially know how much I enjoy my “meat first” ways!

• Haha 1

Sucks. Looks like there wasn't much left?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I didn’t think so either until I needed a second contractor bag as one was a bit too heavy for easy hauling...guessing about 50 pounds of boneless good eats

Ugh that sucks man. All those venny cheese steak sandwiches that will never be enjoyed.... You had a hell of year stocking that freezer too. Good news is that it looks like u used a lot of it already.

My kid’s words exactly, “oh no...was that the cheesesteak meat!”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Thanks FSW...you especially know how much I enjoy my “meat first” ways!

Lol. I hear that.  But hell I think you still would enjoy mine even though they had a bunch of bone on their heads.                       An xtra pinch of salt maybe. 

21 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

So who has the answer to this issue?

Luberhill, you have one, what make is it?  

I’d like some type of audible alarm.  

I just checked the brand name of the one here at the hospital , it's unit by a company called onevue

Sorry to hear it. I had a similar experience last Fall. I have a stand up freezer in the garage that I use to store turkeys and hams in. I buy them cheap around Thanksgiving and Easter and stash 'em in there to enjoy through the summer. While I was processing my second deer this past fall I needed extra freezer space and went to this freezer. When I opened it, everything inside was thawed out. I lost 3 turkeys and 3 hams, along with a few misc. bags of venison.

Last summer I built a deer station in the garage. I used a 48" base cabinet that I set on top of an 8" platform (extra height). I store all my meat processing equip in here. On the wall over it I mounted a 48" surge strip and then topped it off with a shop light. For me it was a game changer when breaking down deer. Anyway, I plugged the freezer into this surge strip and apparently I forgot this when, at some point, I unplugged the extension cord that powers the surge strip. It was frustrating, to say the least.

I didn’t think so either until I needed a second contractor bag as one was a bit too heavy for easy hauling...guessing about 50 pounds of boneless good eats

Got ya. Seems much more than what's in the picture then.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk