Well this sucks

crappyice

My wife has found a way to do this three times over the past 10 years in two different households. It's borderline impressive. I've now physically blocked the switch in this house. Going on two years. Fingers crossed.

Sorry to see, but friends will usually donate!!!! LOL.

• Like 2

I've got nothing for the chest freezer downstairs but we're in it often. The fridge and freezer upstairs that I'd keep stuff in has a display right on the face that tells temp. I've thought about getting something for downstairs.

None of the receptacles are on a switch and I'm the only one that touches circuit breakers in our house. Still an alarm is probably a good idea in case the freezer craps out.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

I've got nothing for the chest freezer downstairs but we're in it often. The fridge and freezer upstairs that I'd keep stuff in has a display right on the face that tells temp. I've thought about getting something for downstairs.

None of the receptacles are on a switch and I'm the only one that touches circuit breakers in our house. Still an alarm is probably a good idea in case the freezer craps out.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

My digital wireless thermometer has an alarm in it in addition to my wireless camera so I can monitor 

When you’re at the store buying a freezer alarm, get a Sharpie and some blue painters tape as well . Now go label all your breakers and some wall switches , then label ( I write on the tape ) water shut offs etc.

Working nights taught me, that my wife and kids need to know how to run the house when I’m not there . All my shut offs are labeled , the separate furnace fuse is labeled , the sump pump ,and back up water operated sump pump are labeled,there’s an alarm if it over flows as well . Written instructions for resetting the hot tub . My freezer plug is labeled and taped over to hold it in place , you may see a pattern here ..... I worked with a guy who had a separate pedestal sump pump all plumbed and ready, so if his stopped working while he was on nights a neighbor could quickly swap it out . 

I started canning meat last year partly because you don’t need a working freezer, next year I may can most of my meat .

Edited by Nomad

I got a pretty basic alarm for Christmas this year. Not exactly what I would have purchased but it's better than nothing. I'll upgrade down the road to something that has a remote display so I can see the working temperature upstairs and not just in the basement.  

This is tragic! I have my freezer right by the door from the garage into the house. I walk past it 10-50 times a week. Always check the display when I walk by. I do need to get an alarm that alerts my cell phone. Would not work in a power outage if the router was down but otherwise..... I only worry when I travel.

If you get Syracuse or north of Syracuse ways I could wrangle you up a couple packs of steaks. I hate to see kids being deprived!

• Like 1