Disgusting

Bolt action

Obviously the incompetent police officer failed to properly observe the scene.  The victim also had his back to the officers because he was facing the feel threat in front of him.  If the incompetent police officer was that fearful he should had the victim lean against his vandalized truck spread eagle and frisked him, but he chose to humiliate the victim lay in the street.

Yeah..so much for those who assume Monday morning quarterbacking and assumptions of not knowing who had been in deadly force situations.

The fact is the police are not required to protect you and in this case sometimes turn out to be the criminals.

On 3/30/2021 at 8:30 PM, ADK Native said:

The treatment of the victim by the police was disgusting.  The victim removed the gun from his possession and was made to lay in the street by the police like a criminal.  All this while the police officer maintains a pointed weapon at the unarmed victim who is made to lay in the filthy street.  Please fire that police officer.  He was neither competent nor professional.  This police offer makes those who support the police think twice about supporting the police.  Police officers like this are thugs with badges working for the progressive politicians.

Sad that a law abiding veteran who defended the freedom of the thug police and rioters was treated so badly.

the police did nothing wrong the man had a gun , he complies with officers orders, and it appears was not charged, so if your the cop u may have no idea what led up to this or if u do u dont know what the mans intent or mental state was , your 1st priority as a the police secure the scene that means guy with the gun priority 1 is guy with gun yes he placed the gun in the bed of truck but where theres 1 gun maybe theres 2 ,  second officer stays at low ready securing ground, then once scene  is secure slow down and investigate, i feel the man was justified in displaying his weapon, but the police delt with incident correctly ...and the man with gun was correct also,,,yes he had to lay on the ground and it seems he followed all orders and was fine ... I saw no actions by police that made them thugs 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

Obviously the incompetent police officer failed to properly observe the scene.  The victim also had his back to the officers because he was facing the feel threat in front of him.  If the incompetent police officer was that fearful he should had the victim lean against his vandalized truck spread eagle and frisked him, but he chose to humiliate the victim lay in the street.

Yeah..so much for those who assume Monday morning quarterbacking and assumptions of not knowing who had been in deadly force situations.

The fact is the police are not required to protect you and in this case sometimes turn out to be the criminals.

ok how do you know what the officer observed prior to entering the video scene looked like complete cluster possibly he was dealing with something else looked a little hectic and heard guys got a gun ive got no idea nor do you, yeah put him against the truck where the gun is good call, and actually police or sworn to protect people, and the cop being fearful yeah of things getting out of hand, police showed up de-escalated the incident.....again the guy with the gun i dont feel was wrong

• Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 8:30 PM, ADK Native said:

The treatment of the victim by the police was disgusting.  The victim removed the gun from his possession and was made to lay in the street by the police like a criminal.  All this while the police officer maintains a pointed weapon at the unarmed victim who is made to lay in the filthy street.  Please fire that police officer.  He was neither competent nor professional.  This police offer makes those who support the police think twice about supporting the police.  Police officers like this are thugs with badges working for the progressive politicians.

Sad that a law abiding veteran who defended the freedom of the thug police and rioters was treated so badly.

I have read this several time over and thought about the content and tone of this entry. The police handled this correctly by having the subject with the weapon CLEARLY DISPLAYED be placed on the ground and searched. There is NO WAY IN HELL it should have been handled any other way. He wasn't roughed up, thrown to ground, stepped on or mistreated in any fashion.

Even undercover officers are specifically TRAINED TO FOLLOW uniformed officers arriving orders to be placed on the ground, searched, until such time they can be positively identified and cleared. 

This entire kinder gentler thinking will get people hurt; when arriving on a scene the "bad guys" aren't clearly identified quickly and it's best to disarm anyone present until they can be cleared.....

Here a tip to any person having police contact, show your hands in clear view, and FOLLOW any order given by the officer. Guaranteed if those two simple steps are followed the contact will be safe.....if it entails laying on the "dirty" street then do so and it will be done safely...if one's feelings are hurt so be it, better than creating an armed confrontation over one's feelings....

It common sense to disarm everyone at a scene first and sort out who's who when safe....it was done safely !!!!

Edited by Salmon_Run
added text
  • Like 2

I dont think that guy would face any charges. He was being threatened with pepper spray and had bottles and shit thrown at him and his windows broken. Heck that may have even held up in NY.

These antifa clowns all geared up in black with helmets like they don't know what they're doing.

PS not keeping one in the pipe? shameful.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 10:00 AM, Splitear said:

A lack of civility on both sides. I really don't understand what drives some people to the extreme.

That being said, can we keep political stuff in the political section? Just a request.

there's no mods left man. welcome to the downward spiral of this forum

• Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 11:10 AM, Bolt action said:

We don't know what happened prior to this clip, so we don't know if he provoked them. 

What we can see is that he was driving his truck adorned in flags and something yellow was thrown on his windshield, forcing him to stop driving. As soon as he gets out, he's harassed and threatened by an angry mob, dressed from head to toe in black (antifa?). He shouts "get away from me" repeatedly. While circling his truck, someone breaks his rear window. Also, what is that loud "pop" noise at :30? Whatever it was, it clearly scared him to the point that he grabbed his cc.

This is how people treat patriots and veterans in Portland? Like I said, it's disgusting. 

Whatever happened to treat others as you want to be treated?

lets be honest though, it's more than just american flags on that guys truck and he knows what he's inviting just the same as antifa knows what they're doing. nobody is innocent here. This isn't just some old guy trying to get to his card game.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 12:44 PM, ApexerER said:

I don't see how he wasn't justified in pulling his cc. I also understand the cops had to intervene with him at that point also but he should not face any charges as far as i am concerned. I am not sure the use of force wouldn't have been justified had he started shooting. How many videos have we seen where men like him were brutally assaulted. And why weren't the people arrested for destroying his property and assaulting him??????

On 3/30/2021 at 12:48 PM, Splitear said:

It looks like he wasn't charged. This story says that 4 people were charged, though maybe not for this incident....

https://www.kptv.com/news/unlawful-assembly-declared-after-protesters-blocked-streets-near-oregon-state-capitol/article_a1106cba-903b-11eb-b856-4bb96f5bab11.html

notice how he also complies peacefully with their instruction vs the other side which would have resulted in the cops getting pummeled with piss bottles.

10 hours ago, ADK Native said:

I respectfully decline to label the office as "incompetent"; he actually followed standard protocol for arriving at a scene with a know armed subject....

As far as being in deadly force situations, I'm a 32 year veteran of law enforcement as patrol, patrol sergeant, patrol lieutenant, under cover narcotics detail, administer and instructor...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

lets be honest though, it's more than just american flags on that guys truck and he knows what he's inviting just the same as antifa knows what they're doing. nobody is innocent here. This isn't just some old guy trying to get to his card game.

Isn't that kind of like saying the girls who wear the short skirts are asking to get raped? I'm not trying to be snarky, but I think it's the same argument. 

To your point though, if he knows there are anti-american protesters on that block and he drives by on purpose, he could be deemed an instigator. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Isn't that kind of like saying the girls who wear the short skirts are asking to get raped? I'm not trying to be snarky, but I think it's the same argument. 

To your point though, if he knows there are anti-american protesters on that block and he drives by on purpose, he could be deemed an instigator. 

It's a fair analogy, but maybe pushing it a little. Do you think this guy was just passing through a protest and caught off guard though? I doubt it. He heard about the protest and took his stickered out truck to them. If I had a daughter I'd advise her against wearing revealing clothing in a dark alley next to a bar at 3am too. Neither this guy or the girl would be guilty if attacked I think we agree there.

But there's also a thing in life called risk management. My college buddies and I had a saying. Nothing good happens when you're out after 2am. Play the odds, like most of us do and most of us don't end up in viral videos...

• Like 1

Agreed. Whether it's the girl in the short skirt scenario, or this guy driving his patriotic truck past the anti-americans, chances are you're doing it for the reaction. That doesn't mean you're asking to get assaulted in either case. 

I probably over use this saying, but common sense goes a long way. If you don't want conflict, do what you can to avoid confrontational situations.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Belo said:

It's a fair analogy, but maybe pushing it a little. Do you think this guy was just passing through a protest and caught off guard though? I doubt it. He heard about the protest and took his stickered out truck to them. If I had a daughter I'd advise her against wearing revealing clothing in a dark alley next to a bar at 3am too. Neither this guy or the girl would be guilty if attacked I think we agree there.

But there's also a thing in life called risk management. My college buddies and I had a saying. Nothing good happens when you're out after 2am. Play the odds, like most of us do and most of us don't end up in viral videos...

I believe you have that backwards .My understanding is this was a Patriotic Parade that, antifa showed up at .

I have an American flag on my pick up and Subaru, have for as many years as I can recall . 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

If you don't want conflict, do what you can to avoid confrontational situations.

they do want conflict though. This is a direct reaction to what many feel is unjustified and a step too far with regards to defunding the police and other movements. So they're also exercising their right to protest. And here in this divided america it's almost always ending in violence. Yay for my kids future... 

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

I believe you have that backwards .My understanding is this was a Patriotic Parade that, antifa showed up at .

I have an American flag on my pick up and Subaru, have for as many years as I can recall . 

maybe, i don't know the details. You fly a flag or have a bumper sticker? Do you also have 16 other bumper stickers with topics ranging from jesus to pro-life etc?

12 minutes ago, Belo said:

maybe, i don't know the details. You fly a flag or have a bumper sticker? Do you also have 16 other bumper stickers with topics ranging from jesus to pro-life etc?

Sticker on back window of each, flag in my front yard , Trump flag clearly visible on back garage wall when door is up, which is all day .

No need for other stickers ,the flag covers it all , well in the old America it did . I do wear a hat with a flag on it often .

How can I forget the folded flag in the family room, it was from my Dads 18y/o brothers casket .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

My entire back window is a flag decal and there’s plenty of other stickers on my truck from F*ck cuomo to the little kid pissing on Biden. Am I in the wrong for putting what I want on my property? I really don’t see where you’re going with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

I am afraid to have a flag on my truck, a Trump bumper sticker or Cuomo sucks etc. I am afraid i will come out too my door keyed or have some @sshole throw something at my Truck driving through Saratoga.  It's pretty sad that I am afraid of confrontation by having the American Flag on my truck.....

That guy did absolutely nothing wrong other than love the USA and wasn't "scared" like a lot of other people.

Now maybe i am using the wrong word when i say scared. I'm not scared of these lefty wingnuts. I'm scared i wouldn't have the same restraint this guy showed and i would be the one in trouble.....

2 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

My entire back window is a flag decal and there’s plenty of other stickers on my truck from F*ck cuomo to the little kid pissing on Biden. Am I in the wrong for putting what I want on my property? I really don’t see where you’re going with this?

Absolutely NOT!!!

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

Sticker on back window of each, flag in my front yard , Trump flag clearly visible on back garage wall when door is up, which is all day .

No need for other stickers ,the flag covers it all , well in the old America it did . I do wear a hat with a flag on it often .

You're not the same as this guy

Just now, Buckmaster7600 said:

You're doing nothing wrong. I also wouldn't be surprised if you find your truck keyed some day. Both things can be true in 2021 is all I'm saying.

Advertise your political opinions to the world, whether it's truck decal or if you're a professional athlete on social media or fortune 100 company and you're protected under the 1st amendment from being prosecuted, but you will still deal with the consequences right or wrong. Could be a keyed door, could be the loss of sponsorship or could be a boycott of your product. That's just how it goes.

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I just swapped out my Trump flag on my house for the Blue Lives Matter Flag.  Trump flag is now in the Garage....

Quoted to edit, my back window was* my four wheeler bumper changed that a couple days ago.