Palmetto State Armory Builds

Any opinions or people with experience on PSA AR 15 kits? I'm looking to expand my arsenal with something chambered in 5.56, I'm thinking about buying a lower from a local shop and then using a PSA upper kit something like this to finish it out. Not wanting to build anything fancy just something to hit some targets with when we have a range day and possibly a little coyote hunting on the home farm.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-15-lightweight-m-lok-freedom-rifle-kit5.html

29 minutes ago, josephmrtn said:

Doing great! Just haven't shown my face around here a whole lot lately.

Hope you and your family are doing well Joe. Nice to see ya checking in.

I have an American Tactical Omni Max. It is a low end AR that I use for plinking, and the occasional coyote. Holds about a two inch group at 100 yards with average optics. I would not trust this rifle with my life! But it serves well for what I want it to do. 

• Like 1

I was looking into different ones from them. Cheap but they seem to function just fine. Might have issues with fit and the gun functioning reliably if you starting swapping multiple uppers to the lower. Not sure on how they last round count wise. It'll be loads of fun.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys. Like I said this weapon will be mostly for plinking and a truck gun for yotes and things that I don't mind getting scratched up. It's not for home defense (Got a 12ga for that) or long range, high accuracy stuff (got a bolt action that I hand load for that)

• Like 3

Thanks for the input guys. Like I said this weapon will be mostly for plinking and a truck gun for yotes and things that I don't mind getting scratched up. It's not for home defense (Got a 12ga for that) or long range, high accuracy stuff (got a bolt action that I hand load for that)

If that’s the case then a psa upper will likely be fine. I still highly recommend building an upper yourself, you’ll get much better quality and the price difference isn’t much if any at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Or he bought some ammo for the new gun!!!
Good God. Plinking stuff is like $1 per bang now and anything premium is more like $2. I purchased components prior to this for several hundred rounds and thankfully had a good amount of 223 for my bolt gun stocked up for woodchucks.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 1