Handgun training

Buckmaster7600

Would any members be interested in a handgun training course. I will do it on my personal range the only thing I ask is to be reimbursed for the targets. I do this a couple times a month for guys at work and friends.

I’ve been a firearms instructor for over 10 years. I was a combat marksmanship coach, combat marksmanship trainer, primarily marksmanship instructor as well as certified range safety officer and range officer in charge in the Marine Corps. I have multiple trainer certifications from the NRA.

I have been through multiple military and civilian marksmanship and firearm schools and enjoy sharing what I’ve learned.

The courses curriculum will be up to who ever wants to join. It can be more marksmanship based, defensive or both. The last couple courses I’ve done was some drills that I came up with/ have learned to get the most of 50 rounds. It seemed to be well received and with the current times very fitting as we all seem to be limiting our range time. That’s an option but again I’m very flexible.

I have a very flexible schedule so the dates would really be up to whoever is interested.

I live an hour north of Albany 5 minutes from I87.

Let me know if anyone is interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Would any members be interested in a handgun training course. I will do it on my personal range the only thing I ask is to be reimbursed for the targets. I do this a couple times a month for guys at work and friends.

I’ve been a firearms instructor for over 10 years. I was a combat marksmanship coach, combat marksmanship trainer, primarily marksmanship instructor as well as certified range safety officer and range officer in charge in the Marine Corps. I have multiple trainer certifications from the NRA.

I have been through multiple military and civilian marksmanship and firearm schools and enjoy sharing what I’ve learned.

The courses curriculum will be up to who ever wants to join. It can be more marksmanship based, defensive or both. The last couple courses I’ve done was some drills that I came up with/ have learned to get the most of 50 rounds. It seemed to be well received and with the current times very fitting as we all seem to be limiting our range time. That’s an option but again I’m very flexible.

I have a very flexible schedule so the dates would really be up to whoever is interested.

I live an hour north of Albany 5 minutes from I87.

Let me know if anyone is interested?

I'd be interested.  Hr north of Albany puts you about Glens falls, Lk George area?

Thinking it over bit of a drive .

Now heres a question if you don’t mind  , last week I shot my 9mm SW Shield, and something happened that never has before .  Maybe ten yards , modified Weaver, shooting at the center of target , but I’m hitting low and left , a nice tight group but all low and left .

So I make sure I wasn’t jerking the trigger and so on but still low and left .

Then I shoot single hand and hit the center consistently.

Thoughts ? Thanks .

Thinking it over bit of a drive .
Now heres a question if you don’t mind  , last week I shot my 9mm SW Shield, and something happened that never has before .  Maybe ten yards , modified Weaver, shooting at the center of target , but I’m hitting low and left , a nice tight group but all low and left .
So I make sure I wasn’t jerking the trigger and so on but still low and left .
Then I shoot single hand and hit the center consistently.
Thoughts ? Thanks .

Assuming you’re a right handed shooter the book says you’re tightening your grip while squeezing trigger, usually it’s your non firing hand. Without watching you that’s the best I can give you.

• Like 1