Should I take the online archery course for crossbow

luberhill

So... I can’t use a vertical bow due to shoulder issues.

I do use a crossbow just in the early season.

Now I thought someone said the law was going to change so that you can’t just buy a muzzleloader license but will need a bow license.

So two questions 

1) is this the case ?

2) if so does the online course for regular archery cover all I would need for an archery license ?

Thank you 

Until the proposed Bill is passed, nothing changes. If and when the Bill passes, you will need a archery certification to hunt with a crossbow, during bow season. Until then, you need the muzzleloader stamp, to hunt with crossbow during the last two weeks of regular archery season.

Online certification through the DEC courses, is as excepted as going to the in person courses of the past.

From what I am hearing from DEC, the online courses are not going anywhere. Also, there will be a choice, as to someone wanting to attend an in person course, or take it online.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Wonder how long it takes and do u have to do it all at once

It will take on average, about four hours or so to get through the online course. Give or take.

Once you log on, there will be different sections to complete. You can log off and come back to where you left off as often as you like.

Online course will cost you $19.99. In person was always free.

5 hours ago, grampy said:

It will take on average, about four hours or so to get through the online course. Give or take.

Once you log on, there will be different sections to complete. You can log off and come back to where you left off as often as you like.

Online course will cost you $19.99. In person was always free.

Says it’s 30.00 online