April 1st....Who's Fishing Naples Creek?

Lawdwaz

I fished it probably 20 years when my uncle had the cabin in Naples.  It was a blast; food, booze, cigars and comradery.  We had snow a couple years for sure but they could get a good hit tonight!!

I'm not going but for those that are going, snap some pics and good luck!!

• Like 2

Have fond memories of Naples Creek trout opener.   Fished it perhaps 10 times opening day when I was younger.  We always entered the fishing derby and used to take our catch to the Orange Inn at end of the day to cook/eat it with the bottle of wine you got for entering your fish. Then life comes at you with family and job obligations and haven’t been to Naples in 20 years.   Great memories need to circle back and revisit.  Oh well back to getting ready for work today.  Here are some pics from those days.... 

good fishing to all that make it out today 

EA18E12F-53B3-42A3-9192-3C26E67AA667.jpeg

717D94E9-D37E-4065-93B7-CAB924EDCFA3.jpeg

1D4D132C-0B99-41A8-9E20-D73C5C836EC8.jpeg

B919A283-675A-481A-AC31-656E441C63BA.jpeg

01675753-425C-4624-85D8-C2931CFBAAB2.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Nephew  is on Catherine's creek. Said it was pretty crowded water was off color but fairly low . Hooked 3 landed 2 .  Complained it was hard to get away from the crowds. He asked one guy if he planned on fishing in his hip pocket all day or  did he want to cuddle . I don't know where he gets it from .. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Well thanks for the replies and (especially Lomax) old pics.  Loved the Orange Inn, Redwood, Middletown, Naples Hotel and of course (no booze or food) Sutton's.  :)

Hopefully someday I get a chance to do it again, fish or no fish.  Crowds be damned....

• Like 1