Covid 19 test

silent death

Kids are running a low grade temp of 99 with a dry cough so I called up there doctors just to be careful with the covid stuff goin on and they said it was 90$ a piece for the rapid test . And my doctor said they just wont give you the test unless they deem its needed ...even then they just quarantine u anyways ..

Edited by silent death

Interesting. We had our youngest tested for free at the state run site and she just had mild symptoms of covid. Tested negative of course but with them going to school we didn’t have much of a choice but to get her tested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son was sent home from school last week for a persistent cough....most likely allergy induced. Called up the children's immediate care and the only charge was the cost of your copay....which 0 with our insurance. He was tested Friday at 3:30 and had the negative result by Sat ar 8. They also wouldn't do the rapid test...and told us they are not reliable or accurate.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

When two of my son's classmates tested positive, we went to CityMD to get the rapid test for free.  Picked them because we found one with the shortest line.  Got results an hour later.  I also thought the rapid test wasn't accurate.  They told me it was the throat swab that wasn't accurate and that the nasal swab was.  Either way, we figured 3 of us (wife, son, and I) the odds of it missing the mark 3 times were low.

They have a testing site in the medical building that my daughters' pediatrician is in. She had to get tested last week and it was free. Not sure if insurance covered it but they did not ask for insurance info. It was the rapid test and we got a call with the results in about an hour.

This is what happens when government and medicine mix......

Let's all get onboard of the socialized medicine train...

The entire roll out of testing and the distribution of vaccines has been a nightmare in New York State. There was no need for people to drive, literally hour, for a vaccine through a state run POD.

16 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

This is what happens when government and medicine mix......

Let's all get onboard of the socialized medicine train...

The entire roll out of testing and the distribution of vaccines has been a nightmare in New York State. There was no need for people to drive, literally hour, for a vaccine through a state run POD.

I spoke to our former exchange student in Spain and her grandparents still dont have a shot, theyre in their 90s. Her mom has had the first because shes a school teacher. We seem way ahead of them

I spoke to our former exchange student in Spain and her grandparents still dont have a shot, theyre in their 90s. Her mom has had the first because shes a school teacher. We seem way ahead of them

She will be developing the next vaccine by the way, talk about an impressive kid!cb6a246fe7584793c75fd32188fb7022.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 weeks ago my 7yr old woke up with a fever of 100.5. We gave him a dose of kid tylenol and sent him back to bed. The next morning we called his pediatrician. He was seen and tested that day at no charge. The test came back positive within an hour. My wife got tested also due to cold like symptoms. She also went to her primary care doc for it and was not charged. After that fever, my son has not displayed any other symptoms and my wife is also on the mend. Quarantine was lifted yesterday after our 10 day stint. During that 10 days, I was getting 4 phone calls per day from local, county and state Dept's of Health checking in. I asked every one of them along with my primary care doc if I or the baby should go in for testing. Every one of them said that we should not go in unless we become symptomatic. That seems crazy to me because i could have contracted it at any time and been asymptomatic. I could have it now. I'm still laying low for another few days just to play it safe.

• Like 1

We are way ahead of most of the word in vaccine rollout... for all the mess NY conducts more daily tests than any other state and 1/3 NY residents has gotten at least one shot... my guess is by mid May NY will be way ahead of the curve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1