Cleaning up clover plots

I am frost seeding whitetail institute clover into two stands (one 5 acres, one about 4) of what was Fusion (chicory and clover) that was planted 2 years ago. I’ve only ever mowed it, never applied any chemicals to it. What would be the best to spray this plot with once it dries up enough in a month or so to drive a tractor on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, onlybrowning said:

I am frost seeding whitetail institute clover into two stands (one 5 acres, one about 4) of what was Fusion (chicory and clover) that was planted 2 years ago. I’ve only ever mowed it, never applied any chemicals to it. What would be the best to spray this plot with once it dries up enough in a month or so to drive a tractor on it?

How did the WI Fusion work for you? I have a bag that I plan to use for a backyard plot that I want to seed in the next 1-2 weeks. Need to remove a few small trees in the next week and hopefully it dries up a bit. If I absolutely have to, I'll wait until late summer to plant.

9 hours ago, onlybrowning said:

How did the WI Fusion work for you? I have a bag that I plan to use for a backyard plot that I want to seed in the next 1-2 weeks. Need to remove a few small trees in the next week and hopefully it dries up a bit. If I absolutely have to, I'll wait until late summer to plant.

4 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Wait to plant Fusion until after memorial day.. you will get better results..

• Like 1

I don’t have a lot of experience with other stuff, but I loved it. Used it for the first time before they changed to name to Fusion. I really only went to straight clover this frost seeding time to give me more herbicide options than with the chicory in there. Thinking I’ll overseed some other goodies in spots later this year too.

14 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Slay

How are you getting Slay in NY? WI won't sell to a NY resident. I'd like to use it on my Vision and Fusion plots. They are going into their third year and I've only used Arrest and mowed during the lifetime thus far. 

I've got issues with smart weed and some other broadleaf weeds. 

1 hour ago, Marsala-man said:

How are you getting Slay in NY? WI won't sell to a NY resident. I'd like to use it on my Vision and Fusion plots. They are going into their third year and I've only used Arrest and mowed during the lifetime thus far. 

I've got issues with smart weed and some other broadleaf weeds. 

Got family living out of state?