WARNING, SLIGHTLY GRAPHIC BUTCHERY PHOTO

Otto

My cousin and I went to a local farm for our Easter dinner lambs. I save the heads for my sister's father in law, they are his favorite part. I also saved him the kidneys, liver, and heart. We will have a bone-in leg for dinner Sunday.

cef11d23493c35414b6b57402fabd17a.jpg

This was a goat, one of many that were dispatched and butchered today. We were the only ones there getting lambs.9a03a3248a0436f7772c75055ca967b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rachunter said:

That was the first thought that popped into my head.lol

I knew exactly what it was. Seen hundreds of sheep skulls. The sheep farm(no longer a sheep farm) I hunted buried the dead sheep in piles of sheep shit. Yotes would dig em out constantly.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Goat chops are some of the finest eating I've ever had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have never had goat, and would love to try it.  Especially cooked over an open fire.  

• Like 1

Many yrs ago my cousin was giving a free goat. It was a older male. He said if I helped kill/butcher, I could have half. After skinning I hung it in my cooler. Walked in the cooler the next day, and the piss smell about made me puke. Just frying a piece of the backstrap stunk the place up. Whole thing went in the trash..

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Huh. I don’t think I’ve ever had goat before. My new mission in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go  to  Rosita's  Tower of Tuna Tacos  in Monterrey, Mexico...

Get a full order of Consuela and a side of mesquite broiled goat loin..

Ask the madame, Dirty Pilar, if she remembers  " Gringo Loco" from back in 1977.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Go  to  Rosita's  Tower of Tuna Tacos  in Monterrey, Mexico...
Get a full order of Consuela and a side of mesquite broiled goat loin..
Ask the madame, Dirty Pilar, if she remembers  " Gringo Loco" from back in 1977.....

Only if you’re coming with me

I always wanted to try horse, but you got to go to Canada for that, and the border is still closed.
It's delicious! I was so hungry I ate a horse and then a whale! Both were superb!

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

20190312_210244.jpg

A co-worker of mine was first generation from Greece if I remember correctly. Holidays they always had goat. A neighbor called the cops on em once  (they bought it on the hoof) and dispatched it and processed it in the garage. The cop who showed was totally understanding and supportive, just suggested they close the garage door next time.  A patients family used to raise goats for meat, but they sold them also on the hoof, which would be more than I would want. A butcher in a neighboring county sells small packages of it which I have bought and curried, I thought it was great.

12 minutes ago, Chef said:

My brother in law is selling a horse wanna go half with me ?

My cousin and his wife borders horses. Can't remember how many are buried in his fields after being put down.  Been there to witness their last breath.  Every time we would "joke" about the backstraps.  

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

My brother in law is selling a horse wanna go half with me ?

Like to, can't.  Not legal for consumption in the US.   If it was legal to eat them here, I would want to try a little that was prepared by an experienced chef, before committing to a large quantity purchase.

I imagine that, much like beef, a younger animal would taste the best.  Also, like with any red meat, proper aging of the carcass prior to freezing, to get past rigor mortis, is likely very important.

If anyone in central NY wants to but some goat meat, there is a booth at the Hamilton, NY farmers market by Plumb Rocky Farm.  Hank and Holly are the best.  They sell goat, lamb, veal pork and beef.  The goat chops are tiny but absolutely delicious!  We usually get a pack and grill for an appetizer to some tasty veal chops.  Can't wait to get some.  

Like to, can't.  Not legal for consumption in the US.   If it was legal to eat them here, I would want to try a little that was prepared by an experienced chef, before committing to a large quantity purchase.
I imagine that, much like beef, a younger animal would taste the best.  Also, like with any red meat, proper aging of the carcass prior to freezing, to get past rigor mortis, is likely very important.
The pic I posted was a horse carpaccio on top bottom plate was minke whale. Both exquisite

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton