Elevated box stand

19 minutes ago, mowin said:

With the price of PT lumber, that must have cost a small fortune.  

I was about to say the same thing. I was looking to replace the plywood on my range target and a piece of 3/4 is going for $60.00 at Lowes:o

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mowin said:

Looks good..  do you plan on "X" bracing between the legs?

I want to do the same, but both properties I hunt, the landowners don't want 'em. 

Yes sir, I have the cross braces but not shown in pic because the legs are coming off for transport.

Sweet!! I did a thread about our blind last yr. Here’s a pic from the install, we secured 2 ladders to the top, walked/winced the blind up the ladder. Pretty easy and ours was the 5x6. They are sweet blinds and now have 2 and will be getting another one this yr!

D440D67E-3AE3-4C36-822A-4BB8F7733015.jpeg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zag said:

Sweet!! I did a thread about our blind last yr. Here’s a pic from the install, we secured 2 ladders to the top, walked/winced the blind up the ladder. Pretty easy and ours was the 5x6. They are sweet blinds and now have 2 and will be getting another one this yr!

D440D67E-3AE3-4C36-822A-4BB8F7733015.jpeg

Nice, I was thinking of using the bucket of my tractor  to place the redneck on the stand.

2 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Nice, I was thinking of using the bucket of my tractor  to place the redneck on the stand.

I don’t know how that would work. Ours was 12ft the floor and the 2nd one we did was like 6ft high.

4 minutes ago, Zag said:

I don’t know how that would work. Ours was 12ft the floor and the 2nd one we did was like 6ft high.

This one is 8' with the splayed legs probably more like 7' high,, I will have to see how much height I can get with my bucket.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 7:53 PM, NYBowhunter said:

Beautiful day to be out on top of the mountain, took most of the day but we got it done. Stand is in place, now just need to order the redneck.

IMG_20210410_194355_990.jpg

20210410_173639.jpg

@NYBowhunter - What's the purpose of the galvanized sheet at the base of ladder ?

Edited by JJBat150