100$ fill up

Buckmaster7600

Upgraded my truck in January. It gets maybe 5 more miles per gallon than the last one but it’s still not great at 17.5 mpg’s. I just don’t see the cost benefit of running a second fuel efficient vehicle by the time you pay for it and insurance.

It’s a suck it up and take it on the chin situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

My f350 6.2 get 9mpg around town towing my landscape trailer and mowers or not. 

Already informed my clients their price is going up for lawn care.  Most are $10, but the larger properties are going up $25.  

I picked up a 34 mpg 4 cyl, Chevy equinox last year as my daily driver, so high gas prices dont hurt me that bad.  It is the fwd version, cost $1400 less than the awd version and gets 2 more mpg.

My old 14 mpg Chevy Silverado  3/4 ton pickup will likely spend most of its time in the barn until the Republicans take over again in 4 years.

Edited by wolc123

Since our new "President" took office two and a half months ago. Gas has gone up more than a dollar a gallon! At this rate we'll be paying six dollars a gallon by this time next year!!! 

Hope all that voted for him smile every time they fill up!!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I picked up a 34 mpg 4 cyl, Chevy equinox last year as my daily driver, so high gas prices dont hurt me that bad.  It is the fwd version, cost $1400 less than the awd version and gets 2 more mpg.

My old 14 mpg Chevy Silverado  3/4 ton pickup will likely spend most of its time in the barn until the Republicans take over again in 4 years.

Keep dreaming.  Sadly we'll never again see a republican president. 

• Like 2

The 36 gallon tank is nice otherwise LOL, it was one of my must have options. 

Wouldn’t own a truck without a big tank!

I never let it get below half but I’ve been quarantined so I’ve been driving from my house to my woodlot and a couple shed hunting trips up north so she was below E!

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

not just  gas, building materials are up  a lot to  and this is just the beginning .  

That's been going on for a year. 

I bought 200 sheets of 7/16 osb for $6.50 each last feb. Just because it was cheap and I needed 50 for a job,but never did use them last summer.

I sold 150 for 23 each last month. I wish I had bought 1k.

• Like 5

I gas up at Costco and that was still holding around 2.70 a gallon. I still make it a point to “talk to myself” loudly enough for my pump
neighbors to hear. “Wow, not long ago we were paying $2.05! I wonder What changed?” I can always tell the Republicans who shake their heads and nod.

• Like 1

I drive 60 miles round trip for work , we switched to 4 - 10hr days beginning  of covid so that helps cut a day off . So right now I rotate between wife’s old Camry  30mpg and my f150 17.8 mpg. When gas hits $3 I’ll drive the Camry full time..

10 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

For the first time in a long time I cost me 100$ to fill my truck today. Anyone considering adding a gas saver to the stable?

Yep bought a 2012 ford fusion 3 months ago in cash.  Put basic coverage on my old truck since I dont drive it much now but weekend chores full on my car. Insurance went up maybe $15 and I'm saving about 100 in gas a month already.  I use the car for taking kids to practice and everything else now.  Very happy I bought it

9 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

That's been going on for a year. 

I bought 200 sheets of 7/16 osb for $6.50 each last feb. Just because it was cheap and I needed 50 for a job,but never did use them last summer.

I sold 150 for 23 each last month. I wish I had bought 1k.

I spent $100 the other day and got 10 2x4s.  Crazy. Was going to redo my deck this year but gonna wait and see if prices come down a little. Plus I have several big house projects this year.  But hard to believe one pressure treated 2x4 is $10.   

• Like 1