Crossbow Failed Again

mike103

8 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

OMG, the elitist stereotypes are so funny. Jeez. Hunters belittling other hunters, real classy, seems to be the norm among elitist.  Oh you forgot gun hunters are also lazy, dumb rednecks etc..did I miss anything..LMAO.

I knew there would be at least one person who would take that serious , i just wasn't sure who it would be. 

2 hours ago, airedale said:

Using this logic to Hell with any kind of special weapon Deer season, just have a Deer season and use whatever your preferred weapon of choice may be so then nobody will be deprived and left out.:D

Al

For a real timesaver, you can tenderize your target as well! Notice the guy with the spear? He was ostracized by the rock throwers because the spear was just too damn easy.

3710E23E00000578-3732832-image-m-26_1470818220648.jpg

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I knew there would be at least one person who would take that serious , i just wasn't sure who it would be. 

Lol..so why post such comments, doesn't make you look any better. If you were looking for a rise, no such luck. I just merely called you out on dumb comments.

1 minute ago, NYBowhunter said:

Lol..so why post such comments, doesn't make you look any better. If you were looking for a rise, no such luck. I just merely called you out on dumb comments.

Clearly i got arise out of you ,you went on full defense LOL. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

1. it's not a rule, but it is why archery was introduced as its own season. Specifically to allow hunters seeking more of a challenge to be able to pursue deer with a stick and string unmolested by bangs and booms. Same with mz. It's a fact.

2. You can use your crossbow from the the last 2 weeks or archery all the way through to the end of the mz season. Nobody said you can't challenge yourself with it.

3. I'm pointing out the fact that many on this board are all up in arms about trannies when it doesn't affect them at all. Which of course is the argument yall love to use about crossbows. Shutup it doesn't affect you. Am I right?

1. Please forward me the link that shows bow was created for a challenge, I think it was created with the intent to separate a string device from a firearm. Crossbow fits right in with that logic. 

2.No,  I want to use my xbow on Oct 1st,  so there. You can use your compound the whole season from Oct. 1 thru ML.

3. Wrong, strongly oppose men beating up on woman. Try again. But again what a dumb attempt at any sort of correlation between trannies and crossbow inclusion. Keep digging, facts baby, I need facts...why is the crossbow so scary to you elitist?  No one seems to be able to answer a simple question. I know just admit it, my hunting skills are way superior and your afraid I will kill all your deer. 

Edited by NYBowhunter
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

The truth is somewhere between these two points of view.  The hard fact is that a crossbow is still a bow and kills by causing blood loss.  It isn't a muzzleloader.  

Your 8 year old could shoot it, but not under any and all hunting conditions.  

You complain about repeating yourself, but here you are...

I respect the wish to have time in the woods without crossbows, but most of the arguments against them are flawed.  The only tangible drawback to full inclusion that I have seen in VT is how far idiots will shoot.  It leads to wounded deer and makes for lazy hunters.  I don't blame the crossbow for this, just stupid people.

And as evidenced by many threads on here and other forums there are the same type people doing the same thing with a vertical bow....shooting outside their capabilities. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Belo said:

i'm a solid archer, I've missed one deer. The point was not my skill set, but to point out the variables an archer has that a crossbow does not.

I forgot a few

typically a crossbow allows you to remain seated, many (not all) archers stand and shoot

bending at the waist not the arm in a treestand

how many have you killed with a bow?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveB said:

Challenge? Then why not restrict it to the bows in use when the 1st archery seasons started? There is ONE reason hunters choose to use a compound over recurve/longbow - because it is EASIER! Which is fine - just don't be a holy hypocrite about it

we've talked this one numerous times too. There is a big difference in recurve to compound and compound to crossbow. And I honestly don't have the energy to rehash this, but I don't think anyone could argue that one is vertical archery and the other is a stretch. 

1 hour ago, NYBowhunter said:

Sounds like a good idea, where do I sign? I hunt to eat deer, me and my family really enjoy the healthy lean meat, any tool for the kill works for me. What you use to hunt has absolutely no bearing on my success. 

so switching gears from crossbow for a second. Do you think a 10/1-12/20 run what ya brung season wouldn't lead to decreased hunter success?

Don't you think the bangs and booms wouldn't dramatically increase deer going nocturnal and result in fewer opportunities?

Genuinely curious, not trying to pick a fight.

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

we've talked this one numerous times too. There is a big difference in recurve to compound and compound to crossbow. And I honestly don't have the energy to rehash this, but I don't think anyone could argue that one is vertical archery and the other is a stretch. 

You just proved our point..lol..recurve for a challenge yes and I think we can agree a compound is way superior to a recurve but it was dumped into the bow (recurve season)=progression, now crossbows which to be honest is not as profound a leap as were from recurve to compounds but yet a slight progression, so why not full inclusion? Seems pretty logical to me. I will surely get a laugh when full inclusion does pass and you all drop that vertical like a bad habit. 

Just now, Belo said:

so switching gears from crossbow for a second. Do you think a 10/1-12/20 run what ya brung season wouldn't lead to decreased hunter success?

Don't you think the bangs and booms wouldn't dramatically increase deer going nocturnal and result in fewer opportunities?

Booms and bangs have never decreased my odds, like I said what you use has no bearing on my success. Booms, bangs and people getting ansy typically up my odds. Just saying. 

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

And if I had to be honest I was being sarcastic when I said let it be a free for all. I like a bow and separate firearm seasons. Genuinely I don't see an ill will by allowing crossbow into full inclusion, it's not gonna scare deer as would rifle shots.

1. Please forward me the link that shows bow was created for a challenge, I think it was created with the intent to separate a string device from a firearm. Crossbow fits right in with that logic. 

2.No,  I want to use my xbow on Oct 1st,  so there. You can use your compound the whole season from Oct. 1 thru ML.

3. Wrong, strongly oppose men beating up on woman. Try again. But again what a dumb attempt at any sort of correlation between trannies and crossbow inclusion. Keep digging, facts baby, I need facts...why is the crossbow so scary to you elitist?  No one seems to be able to answer a simple question. I know just admit it, my hunting skills are way superior and your afraid I will kill all your deer. 

1. here's a few that talk about the history and origin. 

http://www.badgersportsman.com/issues/back/2016-issues/2016-05/2017-01-06-a-primer

https://insidearchery.com/webxtranovhistoryofbowhunting/

Fred Bear tried hunting with a rifle, but never found it very enticing. To put it in his own words, Fred Bear said this in a 1985 interview:

“I grew up a gun hunter, my dad was a hunter, shot a deer in 1933 up in the Upper Peninsula that dressed 285 pounds, the biggest deer I ever saw. And it was so easy. That opening morning I walked up the draw and there he was looking at me and I was looking at him and I shot him and went down and that’s when the work began. So, I thought (bowhunting) would be a little bit better.”

2. What? 

3. Beating up on woman? I ran track in high school and never remember physically beating up on  any of my opponents. 

Edited by Belo

I'll add this one separate and because Fred says it better than I ever will.

“Here we have a weapon of beauty and romance. He who shoots with a bow, puts his life’s energy into it. The force behind the flying shaft must be placed there by the archer. At the moment of greatest strain he must draw every sinew to the utmost; his hand must be steady; his nerves under absolute control; his eye keen and clear. In the hunt he pits his well-trained skill against the instinctive cunning of his quarry. By the most adroit cleverness, he must approach within striking distance, and when he speeds his low whispering shaft and strikes his game, he has won by the strength of arm and nerve. It is a noble sport.”

• Like 1

I think there's a lot of pretend elitist bowhunters on this site. The kind who pick up the gun during gun season. Take a look at the guys on bowsite, most of them never touch a gun. They are the true diehards who bow hunt regardless of season. I'll never understand why anybody cares what other people do. Hunt however you want as long as its legal. If you are crying about public land, then find private or buy private. Just worry about yourself.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Belo said:

1. here's a few that talk about the history and origin. 

http://www.badgersportsman.com/issues/back/2016-issues/2016-05/2017-01-06-a-primer

https://insidearchery.com/webxtranovhistoryofbowhunting/

Fred Bear tried hunting with a rifle, but never found it very enticing. To put it in his own words, Fred Bear said this in a 1985 interview:

“I grew up a gun hunter, my dad was a hunter, shot a deer in 1933 up in the Upper Peninsula that dressed 285 pounds, the biggest deer I ever saw. And it was so easy. That opening morning I walked up the draw and there he was looking at me and I was looking at him and I shot him and went down and that’s when the work began. So, I thought (bowhunting) would be a little bit better.”

2. What? 

3. Beating up on woman? I ran track in high school and never remember physically beating up on  any of my opponents. 

1. I don't think the origin had the compound bow in mind as well, but its being used today in the bow season, so why not a crossbow?

2. Like I said, you want to dictate when I should use a crossbow,, I say No, I want to use it Oct.1st. 

3.I meant in the physical sense, I believe in UFC there were trannies  in the woman's division and in a couple instances caused concussions. To be honest not sure why I'm even explaining myself on this subject,  leave that for something else.

28 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I think there's a lot of pretend elitist bowhunters on this site. The kind who pick up the gun during gun season. Take a look at the guys on bowsite, most of them never touch a gun. They are the true diehards who bow hunt regardless of season. I'll never understand why anybody cares what other people do. Hunt however you want as long as its legal. If you are crying about public land, then find private or buy private. Just worry about yourself.

Amen brother, too many people worry what others do. Same concept as the nosey neighbor that can't seem to mind thier own damn business.

• Like 3

1. I don't think the origin had the compound bow in mind as well, but its being used today in the bow season, so why not a crossbow?

2. Like I said, you want to dictate when I should use a crossbow,, I say No, I want to use it Oct.1st. 

3.I meant in the physical sense, I believe in UFC there were trannies  in the woman's division and in a couple instances caused concussions. To be honest not sure why I'm even explaining myself on this subject,  leave that for something else.

1. well the 2nd amendment just had muskets in mind right? oh wait...

3. That was not the UFC. It was a pro, non-collegiate/school league where fighters had a choice to join or not. The point I'm making with this is that all you and the crossbow guys pick and choose your reasons. Those same arguments you use to promote crossbows are the same arguments anti-gun or pro-tranny groups use against other beliefs you hold. So why is it so hard for some of you to understand that for some, we want to preserve tradition, even if it does not directly affect us.

Edited by Belo

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'll never understand why anybody cares what other people do. Hunt however you want as long as its legal. If you are crying about public land, then find private or buy private. Just worry about yourself.

So here's the rub sir. It's not legal to hunt with a crossbow the first few weeks a year, so why do yall care what us bowhunters are doing? It's legal.

Yet here we have a thread and a coalition trying to change what is legal. Do you see what I did there? Do you not see the irony in your statement?