Crossbow Failed Again

mike103

48 minutes ago, Bodhi_308 said:

I think they should allow rifles during archery season…

That's just crazy talk!

Now, if they allowed muzzle loaders in the crossbow season I'd be OK with that seeing I have one of those now. It's only fair right? The NZ has an early ML season. Seeing a lot of people want the bow season to allow a crossbow then who not allow a ML in the crossbow season? Share and share alike right?

I had to, I couldn't resist. :pleasantry:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DirtTime said:

That's just crazy talk!

Now, if they allowed muzzle loaders in the crossbow season I'd be OK with that seeing I have one of those now. It's only fair right? The NZ has an early ML season. Seeing a lot of people want the bow season to allow a crossbow then who not allow a ML in the crossbow season? Share and share alike right?

I had to, I couldn't resist. :pleasantry:

Big difference between a MZ and a CB. 

• Like 1

Full inclusion will come  at some point, and like ohio it will take decades till crossbow take equals bow take.  Using an implement doesn't make one a good archery hunter. I watched many with crossbow try and stalk a deer and take a 50 yards shot only to have deer duck the arrow. 

Getting close to game is a skill that is learned its required of crossbow same as bow.  What you will see is many expensive crossbows for sale in a year or two after full inclusion as those that pick them up do not understand the arrow arc at distance and deflect arrows and miss game. Or wound it try to take rife shots that don't work with arrows..  this is main reason  it should be classified as archery equipment and course required ( no grandfathering in as muzzlerloader certificate use)  the fact nybh and many others block this shows the complete lack of respect for the game they pursue.  It would be much better for crossbow hunters to understand limited range and shot placement for hemorrhaging  kill shots than allowing bird and small game hunters to flood the woods uneducated. ( not that I see that happening happening anyway as bowhunting skills are not the same as rifle/ gun skills. 

If the state had a constitutional amendment allowing game to be managed by a game department you would see many different things hunters want done in the state. But we have a legislature that has to vote to have a season every year and they place it under an enviromental organization that has a small game management section.. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Full inclusion will come  at some point, and like ohio it will take decades till crossbow take equals bow take.  Using an implement doesn't make one a good archery hunter. I watched many with crossbow try and stalk a deer and take a 50 yards shot only to have deer duck the arrow. 

Getting close to game is a skill that is learned its required of crossbow same as bow.  What you will see is many expensive crossbows for sale in a year or two after full inclusion as those that pick them up do not understand the arrow arc at distance and deflect arrows and miss game. Or wound it try to take rife shots that don't work with arrows..  this is main reason  it should be classified as archery equipment and course required ( no grandfathering in as muzzlerloader certificate use)  the fact nybh and many others block this shows the complete lack of respect for the game they pursue.  It would be much better for crossbow hunters to understand limited range and shot placement for hemorrhaging  kill shots than allowing bird and small game hunters to flood the woods uneducated. ( not that I see that happening happening anyway as bowhunting skills are not the same as rifle/ gun skills. 

If the state had a constitutional amendment allowing game to be managed by a game department you would see many different things hunters want done in the state. But we have a legislature that has to vote to have a season every year and they place it under an enviromental organization that has a small game management section.. 

Levi morgan let his kid shoot a deer with one , then he said no more crossbows ,they're too easy. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Levi morgan let his kid shoot a deer with one , then he said no more crossbows ,they're too easy. 

I have no idea who Levi morgan is and his opinion is just that. He is in charge of his kids , ask the kid that's more important..

12 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

What, it's OK to allow the crossbow into the entire early bow season, but the crossbow guys don't want to share their season? My, that's seems pretty "elitist" if you ask me.  :mosking:

They do late season , muzzleloader has its own early as well but crossbow shares theirs with bow... bow seems to be legal in all Seasons but don't want to share theirs like the friend who pals along at a meal . But ask him to chip in and he throws a fit

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, G-Man said:

They do late season , muzzleloader has its own early as well but crossbow shares theirs with bow... bow seems to be legal in all Seasons but don't want to share theirs like the friend who pals along at a meal . But ask him to chip in and he throws a fit

Yeah, but who wants to dredge through three feet of snow for the late season? I want to be able to use a boom stick while it's still nice and warm out. If people want to say they want to have the option to use whatever implement the feel like for a given day, then......................................... :scratchhead:

I used to know a lot of guys like that when it came to chipping in for beer. They had no problem drinking mine, but when asked to throw in a few bucks to buy more then would leave or suddenly have the money to buy their own.

Quite frankly, even though I would rather not see full inclusion, when it passes I won't be shedding tears in my morning coffee over it. My only dog in this hunt is some of the smaller public areas I hunt getting too much pressure then usual. If my local public woods start getting to crowded for my taste I'll just start hunting areas that others wont or don't. Or I'll just start hunting more up North then I usually do, and do week long trips in one of the thousands of places I can set up a tent on.

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

not a big fan of his hunting show.  He and his wife take and make some of the worst shots on animals i have ever seen on a hunting show.  

I never watched a single episode,  I follow him.on instagram and watch his feed when he goes live and answers questions. 

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

I have no idea who Levi morgan is and his opinion is just that. He is in charge of his kids , ask the kid that's more important..

Hes one of the greatest archers in the world . His opinions on how easy something is to shoot holds weight with me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I never watched a single episode,  I follow him.on instagram and watch his feed when he goes live and answers questions. 

it was actually disturbing - the wife made a terrible shot on a buck on one show and they never found it, then saw it a few days later in rifle struggling and finished it off with a rifle.  And ive seen him take shots at quartering too deer at like 60 yards. and make a bad shot hitting it back. Ive watched like 5 shows and 3 of them were shots they never should have taken.  Maybe overconfidence for them but they had terrible judgement. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Guys- you may have noticed  that,I no longer answer Negative or Sarcastic  Quotes.  Civil ones- absolutely. 

But the same Guys who Quote me in a Negative  fashion, When they see my Thread or post pop up- dont look for me to Argue anymore unless,I know 100 percent that member is wrong.

Anything else,I have no time for.

Why is it that anytime someone has a different viewpoint than yours it's perceived as some sort of personal attack to you? That's not how forums work my friend. They're a discussion vehicle that is a substitute for the bar and campfire. When my uncle says something I disagree with I don't just storm out the barn, we have a nice back and forth. I hope it's clear to you that your list of supporters and allies has dwindled. Not because of your views or your character, but how you conduct yourself here at even the slightest hint of disagreement. 

If you really feel the way you do about deer hunting with a crossbow, by all means ad some more color to your post, because as it is, you confused and muddied your viewpoint for a bunch of us, and believe it or not more members on this board support full inclusion than don't. 

What really gets me, is that you're the target demo some of us use to make our points for or against full inclusion and yet when we ask questions about why you don't hunt with one now, your response is just "I wont answer so and so's question as he's a big bully"

• Like 5

Exactly what I said, there's a big difference between a MZ and a CB

Depends, if comparing the muzzleloaders from when early muzzleloader was first started in the NZ 25ish years ago. I would take a modern crossbow over that sidelock any day of the week! Out to my personal limit of 60-65yds with a crossbow my limit on my iron sighted side lock was 75yds my crossbow is way more accurate and it’s going to shoot EVERY TIME.

20 yrs from now where will Xbow technology be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Hes one of the greatest archers in the world . His opinions on how easy something is to shoot holds weight with me.

I think you mean Barry Wensel is greatest archer in world.. and he doesn't push products or enter his buck in scoring contests.. maybe your to young to know who he is. 

Of course it would be to easy for him if he's a great archer.. Mos people aren't.  Like saying anyone who can't run a 4.0 flat.forty can't play in sports..

11 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Depends, if comparing the muzzleloaders from when early muzzleloader was first started in the NZ 25ish years ago. I would take a modern crossbow over that sidelock any day of the week! Out to my personal limit of 60-65yds with a crossbow my limit on my iron sighted side lock was 75yds my crossbow is way more accurate and it’s going to shoot EVERY TIME.

20 yrs from now where will Xbow technology be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 Yrs from now xbow technology will be where regulation keeps them. Draw Weight, width, etc. You could use the same argument on what advances we'll see in Verts in 20 years also. After all look what the last 20 has brought with Verts. Today with NYs regs the one advantage I see CBs having is not having to draw in the presence of game. That's about it. That can even be argued when someone is in an elevated blind where deer can't see you draw.

16 minutes ago, Belo said:

Why is it that anytime someone has a different viewpoint than yours it's perceived as some sort of personal attack to you? That's not how forums work my friend. They're a discussion vehicle that is a substitute for the bar and campfire. When my uncle says something I disagree with I don't just storm out the barn, we have a nice back and forth. I hope it's clear to you that your list of supporters and allies has dwindled. Not because of your views or your character, but how you conduct yourself here at even the slightest hint of disagreement. 

If you really feel the way you do about deer hunting with a crossbow, by all means ad some more color to your post, because as it is, you confused and muddied your viewpoint for a bunch of us, and believe it or not more members on this board support full inclusion than don't. 

What really gets me, is that you're the target demo some of us use to make our points for or against full inclusion and yet when we ask questions about why you don't hunt with one now, your response is just "I wont answer so and so's question as he's a big bully"

You won't get an answer. This is a negative post and therefore, not worth his time. He's always trying to get attention and doesn't like it if it's negative, even though what the thread or posts is, is just begging for negativity. Isn't that sort of like trolling? Ever the victim.

14 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Oh I apologize. I thought you were serious and going to lead into the huge differences in CB and VB. LMFAO!!

No problem on the first part.

The second part? Are you nuts? These threads with people arguing about everything under the sun go on for pages, and pages, and never end. Look at the vaccination thread as an example. If people would just go ahead and let people be who they are instead of telling them who you ( not you specifically- just an example ) want them to be, life would be a lot better for all involved.

I was trying to lighten the mood a little. It didn't work. :banghead:

24 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I think you mean Barry Wensel is greatest archer in world.. and he doesn't push products or enter his buck in scoring contests.. maybe your to young to know who he is. 

Of course it would be to easy for him if he's a great archer.. Mos people aren't.  Like saying anyone who can't run a 4.0 flat.forty can't play in sports..

He shares my views on the simplicity of achieving accuracy with a crossbow with little to no practice. I dont want people to think I'm anti crossbow either ,just use them innthe correct season is all.

Edited by Jeremy K

3 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

You won't get an answer. This is a negative post and therefore, not worth his time. He's always trying to get attention and doesn't like it if it's negative, even though what the thread or posts is, is just begging for negativity. Isn't that sort of like trolling? Ever the victim.

I just don't get it... this isn't a thread he started. He doesn't hunt deer. He doesn't have any form of archery equipment and he's the one getting all riled up? The rest of us have hashed this sh!t out for the last 10 years and honestly i don't think any of us even really cares anymore. It's just fun to talk about at this point. In my opinion full inclusion is a matter of when and not a matter of if.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

He shares my views on the simplicity of achieving accuracy with a crossbow with little to no practice. I dont want people to think I'm anti crossbow either ,just use them innthe correct season is all.

I've just watched a 49 year old pick up a bow and make 5 kill shots in his 1st 6 arrows.. release, peep,lighted pins , anchor point marker ( kisser button) 90% letoff .. really compounds are not hard at at all.  A recurve or stick bow I'll conceede...

but if your trying to say compounds are vastly different than a crossbow ........

Seasons don't bother me if they made spears legal I'd use one ,but to exclude a tool that kills the exact same way as any bow is not right.. the poor traditional archers used same.argument and lost and imo should be only ones to have their season contain the rut. As when bucks are rutting and are stupid its to easy and compounds and crossbows shouldn't be allowed..  if you want the pure effort that should belong solely to traditional archers only

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

No problem on the first part.

The second part? Are you nuts? These threads with people arguing about everything under the sun go on for pages, and pages, and never end. Look at the vaccination thread as an example. If people would just go ahead and let people be who they are instead of telling them who you ( not you specifically- just an example ) want them to be, life would be a lot better for all involved.

I was trying to lighten the mood a little. It didn't work. :banghead:

Yea the CB vs VB war in NY has been a long bloody one that hurts everyone involved and causes division. Many in our ranks expect you to walk lock step on every single issue with them, and I you don't on one single issue your attacked, which pushes people away in general. But I agree, the CB vs VB issue is definitely in need of some comic relief

• Like 1