Crossbow Failed Again

mike103

5 hours ago, Belo said:

same, even stands i've hunted for 15 years. first few hunts i bring it with me and mentally mark tress. I have 2 pins and second is setup for 35. So I know what stump is my limit and what imaginary circle I can shoot a deer at and what's under 30 for the main pin.

I actually mark trees surrounding my treestands. I use light yellow paint. Just a spot on a couple at 20, then red at 30

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grampy said:

No......that would only put your panties in a bunch even more than trying to hunt "your" season with my crossbow.

It's not MY season ,its bow season . How much of advantage do guys need ? Sit with a scoped bow at full draw all day on a rest .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Nobody was even shooting those things when I started hunting, for good reason.  You want model Ts to race nascar next?

That argument says crossbows should replace compounds ..  unless your being a hypocrite on purpose..   and I do think I would get more enjoyment putting Nascar back to what it was.. real driving.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

It's not MY season ,its bow season . How much of advantage do guys need ? Sit with a scoped bow at full draw all day on a rest .

What advantage is that? You still need to scout and set stands at appropriate range for deer ,have to move to get into position.. the skills needed for crossbow are not the same as gun. Arrows deflect the same. .  They make scopes for bows so that is a moot point unless your still shooting brass pins with wife or gf nail polish on tip so you can see it.. and you best be shooting fingers. Cause a release Is exactly the same as a trigger.. 

8 hours ago, Belo said:

Why is it that anytime someone has a different viewpoint than yours it's perceived as some sort of personal attack to you? That's not how forums work my friend. They're a discussion vehicle that is a substitute for the bar and campfire. When my uncle says something I disagree with I don't just storm out the barn, we have a nice back and forth. I hope it's clear to you that your list of supporters and allies has dwindled. Not because of your views or your character, but how you conduct yourself here at even the slightest hint of disagreement. 

If you really feel the way you do about deer hunting with a crossbow, by all means ad some more color to your post, because as it is, you confused and muddied your viewpoint for a bunch of us, and believe it or not more members on this board support full inclusion than don't. 

What really gets me, is that you're the target demo some of us use to make our points for or against full inclusion and yet when we ask questions about why you don't hunt with one now, your response is just "I wont answer so and so's question as he's a big bully"

Yea. Hell just mention you in a comment elsewhere and make some bs claims on who you are and what you do. Too scared to face criticism and waits for someone to stick up for him.  He’s the definition of a troll with all his comments but plays the victim card when his panties get wadded up.  Grade A clown. 

28 minutes ago, G-Man said:

What advantage is that? You still need to scout and set stands at appropriate range for deer ,have to move to get into position.. the skills needed for crossbow are not the same as gun. Arrows deflect the same. .  They make scopes for bows so that is a moot point unless your still shooting brass pins with wife or gf nail polish on tip so you can see it.. and you best be shooting fingers. Cause a release Is exactly the same as a trigger.. 

If it's exactly the same then why do guys vaginas and shoulders flare up from shooting a bow but not a crossbow?

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

If it's exactly the same then why do guys vaginas and shoulders flare up from shooting a bow but not a crossbow?

Wait! I've been shooting my bow a lot lately, and I don't have vaginal flare ups. If this is some new age gadget to make me a better hunter I don't want one, and won't be buying one no matter how good the advertising is on them. I'm just fine with my twigs and berries.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DirtTime said:

Wait! I've been shooting my bow a lot lately, and I don't have vaginal flare ups. If this is some new age gadget to make me a better hunter I don't want one, and won't be buying one no matter how good the advertising is on them. I'm just fine with my twigs and berries.

LOL,  I'm just having fun

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Because it's not included in all season and bow guys get that way after years of bowhunting, so let's do a 10 year trail and allow it  entire season and study crossbow hunters injuries after years of use.. ;)

2 hours ago, G-Man said:

Because it's not included in all season and bow guys get that way after years of bowhunting, so let's do a 10 year trail and allow it  entire season and study crossbow hunters injuries after years of use.. ;)

I can 100% say I've never had a vaginal flare up. I have a feeling most of the guys on this site have never experienced that either. Boxer briefs in a twist? Yep. Ticked off? You betcha. But I have never needed a Midal or had an inflamed labia.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, G-Man said:

what about the need to draw back when the deer is in range and hold steady while drawing back. Sure. Exactly the same. 

7 hours ago, DirtTime said:

I can 100% say I've never had a vaginal flare up. I have a feeling most of the guys on this site have never experienced that either. Boxer briefs in a twist? Yep. Ticked off? You betcha. But I have never needed a Midal or had an inflamed labia.

Mine only flares up when I see all the dumb content on this forum. 

20 minutes ago, Bodhi_308 said:

what about the need to draw back when the deer is in range and hold steady while drawing back. Sure. Exactly the same. 

Ever try and hold a crossbow up  for a minute with out a rest???  They both have disadvantages.  Less likely to hit a limb vertical than crossbow limbs horizontal..  bow far easier in a treestand 

22 minutes ago, Bodhi_308 said:

Draw when deer is behind a tree.  Same as when you move to get into position.. holding back.. tell that to a traditional archer..  let off is so high today a minimal amount of effort is needed..  have to lift and aim a crossbow when deer is in range as well..  

32 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Ever try and hold a crossbow up  for a minute with out a rest???  They both have disadvantages.  Less likely to hit a limb vertical than crossbow limbs horizontal..  bow far easier in a treestand 

Absolutely not ! I wont allow them in my house . We don't even use the C word in our house. 

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

bow is def not easier in a treestand.  I set my xbow on the shooting rail and when a deer comes thru all i have to do is take off the safety.  And also that makes no sense saying its more likely to hit a limb - if you have branches that close to you in the stand you need to trim them for both either way. 

I need to practice every year with my bow. The xbow is one shot and out the door to be sure the scope is still on point.  That alone shows its easier to use.  It amazes me how anyone can think a compound or traditional is the same as shooting a xbow. Its like they never used one.  Ive helped people get into bow and xbow many times.  Xbow i can teach them in under 5 minutes and its bullseyes at 40, bow takes weeks of practice to get a good anchor and form and eye for it.  Can someone get a bow setup and hit the target - sure - consistancy usually requires some practice.  Only thing i can think of thats easier with a bow is getting off a second shot. 

so analogy here - whats easier - shooting a scoped 30-06 or shooting an open site 30-06 that is pulling 6-10#s of pressure on it.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1