Crossbow Failed Again

mike103

I have 2 nys legal  ,so yes people do follow regs.

I currently have 4 crossbows and only 1 is legal, it’s my daughters. Two are too narrow and 1 is too heavy draw. It’s a recurve and shoots 100fps slower than most bows but New York is stupid so it’s illegal.

But as I said, I don’t personally know a single person that hunts with a “legal” crossbow and I don’t see them for sale around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently have 4 crossbows and only 1 is legal, it’s my daughters. Two are too narrow and 1 is too heavy draw. It’s a recurve and shoots 100fps slower than most bows but New York is stupid so it’s illegal.

But as I said, I don’t personally know a single person that hunts with a “legal” crossbow and I don’t see them for sale around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the Excalibur vortex to hunt PA back in 2011. It’s legal in NY. 200lb draw. My Dad a few years later bought the ibex, 175lb I believe. They are both legal. Everyone i know hunts with legal xbows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2021 at 12:29 PM, blackbeltbill said:

Indeed. There are probably  only about 40 or so regular posters with Tremendous  Content Count who keep this Site afloat out of what- 8,500 members  or so. 

Yours Truly is one of them. With 1 Part time gig- "2" if,I can pull some Students in,I have extra time. Soon to be Fully Retired.

I believe  Growalot was near the Top with near 20,000 content count. But She is gone for good.

As for me I have a Ollie's Book Shopping coming up. Good quality  Hardcover 300 page Books at often just $3.99. 

All of us will be posting less come October 1st. I have a Pheasant Hunt Planned and more then likely,I will probably  and unknowingly  drive a Deer in the Direction  of a Bow Deer Hunter.

Whatever happened to Grow Alot?