High end 1911’s

I have traded/bought and sold probably 20 1911’s and I currently only own one, a kimber in 10mm.

I still haven’t spent a penny of any of the stimulus money and think I’m going to blow it on a custom 1911. I want one I can shoot! But I want something that is handmade by someone who cares. I’ll likely never carry it but would want to be able to if I wanted.

Anyone have any high end 1911’s? Any makers I should be looking at. I know Ed brown is the easy answer but I’m looking for other options as well.

Budget- I would like to stay under 5,000$ give or take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5k :swoon:....  that thing better shoot itself lol.  I've never held a gun of any type worth that much.  I'd be afraid to take it out of the safe.  Post up some pics when you get one.  I'm sure something of that quality must be a dream to shoot. 

5k default_swoon.gif....  that thing better shoot itself lol.  I've never held a gun of any type worth that much.  I'd be afraid to take it out of the safe.  Post up some pics when you get one.  I'm sure something of that quality must be a dream to shoot. 

Yea it’s a lot of jingle and probably a terrible waste of money. But I’m debt free and just topped off my daughters college fund so It’s a gift to myself as much as anything, I’ve always wanted one and they get more expensive every day.

• Like 3

I shot one of the Turnbull scratch reproductions.  It was nice, but they dont seem to get a lot of love from 1911 folks but I dont know why.

I'd still like one because they have no two tone finishes,goofy fishscale grips and the other crap that seem to be what's out there.  But I'm not a pistol guy at all, so ymmv.

Just so happens the latest stimulus check is almost exactly airfare for a safari, so that's where mine is going. Didnt spend the others either and are going to the same cause.

34 minutes ago, mowin said:

5k :swoon:....  that thing better shoot itself lol.  I've never held a gun of any type worth that much.  I'd be afraid to take it out of the safe.  Post up some pics when you get one.  I'm sure something of that quality must be a dream to shoot. 

It's the opposit for me. I hardly ever shoot the safe fillers. A really nice firearm that fits you,shoots stupid accurate, amazing trigger,silky smooth action is a joy in the hands. I have considerable rounds out of a few specific guns, they are worth every penny I have into them. 2 have seen some really hard field use and still look great(They can do pretty good at holding value too)

It's not everyone's cup of tea, just like a Porsche gt3 and a Camry get you to the same place. But it's not the same, it just isn't. 

But I have been debt free since 30 and no kids, so I can afford to dabble with stuff.

• Like 2

I shot one of the Turnbull scratch reproductions.  It was nice, but they dont seem to get a lot of love from 1911 folks but I dont know why.
I'd still like one because they have no two tone finishes,goofy fishscale grips and the other crap that seem to be what's out there.  But I'm not a pistol guy at all, so ymmv.
Just so happens the latest stimulus check is almost exactly airfare for a safari, so that's where mine is going. Didnt spend the others either and are going to the same cause.
It's the opposit for me. I hardly ever shoot the safe fillers. A really nice firearm that fits you,shoots stupid accurate, amazing trigger,silky smooth action is a joy in the hands. I have considerable rounds out of a few specific guns, they are worth every penny I have into them. 2 have seen some really hard field use and still look great(They can do pretty good at holding value too)
It's not everyone's cup of tea, just like a Porsche gt3 and a Camry get you to the same place. But it's not the same, it just isn't. 
But I have been debt free since 30 and no kids, so I can afford to dabble with stuff.

This will definitely not be a safe queen it will be a shooter!

The turnbull commercial is very high on my list. I want blued and wood. Nothing shiny and no engraving!

51 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

I can only imagine a pistol that fits that well. It really would be almost priceless.  Your Porsche, Camry reference makes sense.  I'm a $100.00 a bottle scotch lover on a Miller lite budget, lol.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

The turnbull commercial is very high on my list. I want blued and wood. Nothing shiny and no engraving!

Doug, lives around the corner from our land btw . I also have a sweet Turnbull calendar, that I can’t seem to find ....

• Like 1

I don't own one but less Baer guns I've always heard great things about. wilson combat custom shop I've heard from people are good.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I have heard great things about both of those. Although my next 1911 will be a USGI used one from
The CMP I’m only number 7500 on the wait list

• Like 1