Best atv boom sprayer

You really don’t need a boom sprayer...   mine has a single spray nozzle  and I get about 12 foot width out of it depending on how high I set it from ground level..  I have had mine 15 years and can not remember the brand..   I think they are all pretty similar..

I’ve had one from Northern Tool for about 15 years.  Still works great and they carry parts for it if you need anything.  I think I just needed to  replace the hand nozzle because I didn’t properly drain it for winter.  It used to be on a cart that you could tow but now it is mounted to the back of my ATV and I use it just for weed control. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat said:

You really don’t need a boom sprayer...   mine has a single spray nozzle  and I get about 12 foot width out of it depending on how high I set it from ground level..  I have had mine 15 years and can not remember the brand..   I think they are all pretty similar..

Wow 12 foot.  Didnt have a clue

2 hours ago, Otto said:

I’ve had one from Northern Tool for about 15 years.  Still works great and they carry parts for it if you need anything.  I think I just needed to  replace the hand nozzle because I didn’t properly drain it for winter.  It used to be on a cart that you could tow but now it is mounted to the back of my ATV and I use it just for weed control. 

Been using a northern tool boom sprayer with a spot wand for yrs. Spray electric fence lines to keep the grass from reducing the efficiency of the fencer. Only used the boom once to kill off the vegetation where the landowner was putting in a clay tennis court.  

11 hours ago, Wildcat said:

That has to be pretty high up to get that spread and you must get lot of wind drift unless you pick perfect day..  I'll stick with a 10 ft folding boom . Put spray exactly where I want it, I have several strips that wind drift would kill  if I sprayed more than a couple of ft off ground

10 hours ago, SWEDE said:

What kind of pump and batt are on these

Not sure of the pump brand, Northern Tool brand I think. it’’s a small pump, never given me an issue.  The electrical  you hook up to the ATV battery. It has a small on/off switch on it.  

Went with a guide gear 2gpm spot/  broadcast sprayer. The wand can be use to spot with cone or jet spray for trees then it can be attatched to fan spray behind quad. Attach the 10 ft fan with nozzle that produces heavier droplets to avoid drift.

• 3 weeks later...