Question on what tags to use on what

luberhill

Ok ,

I get the ml license , big game, and bow , and doe permits

so , what tags do I use for crossbow ? Is it the Ml tag and is that either sex ?

can I use doe permits ?

then regular gun I use my buck tag or doe permits ...

then late bow or ML can I use any left over tags ??

do I get separate tags for regular bow ?

I never seem to remember this

I've  always gotten muzzleloader and bow tags, so I'm not sure what tag you would get if you only buy 1 privilege.

The muzzleloader/archery tags (antlerless and either sex )are good for muzzleloader and archery season. When legal to carry a crossbow you would use these tags. 

Only regular season tags and DMPs can be used during regular season..

Archery/ muzzleloader, DMPs,and regular season tags can be used in late muzzleloader seasons..

There are a few differences for junior seasons,long Island,  etc..

Here is the DEC link

https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8305.html

2 minutes ago, ncountry said:

I've  always gotten muzzleloader and bow tags, so I'm not sure what tag you would get if you only buy 1 privilege.

The muzzleloader/archery tags (antlerless and either sex )are good for muzzleloader and archery season. When legal to carry a crossbow you would use these tags. 

Archery/ muzzleloader, DMPs,and regular season tags can be used in late muzzleloader seasons..

Here is the DEC link

So muzzleloader and bow tags can both be used for crossbow ?

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 9:11 PM, ncountry said:

Here is the DEC link

It’s as plain as mud,, looks like you get bow AND ml tags and can use all for either or both .

Then it looks like any left over and even left over regular big game tag can be used in late ml / crossbow

• Like 1

You need to buy a ML tag if you ever want to use the crossbow for hunting. Period

The Either Sex tag can be used during bow season with bow or later part with crossbow or in the late season with Muzzleloader.

Crossbow use is usually after Nov 1 and you can use it to fill any of your tags of that season.

For example if i used a bow or crossbow during regular gun season, I would put my reg season tag on the deer although I used a bow or crossbow.

4 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

You need to buy a ML tag if you ever want to use the crossbow for hunting. Period

The Either Sex tag can be used during bow season with bow or later part with crossbow or in the late season with Muzzleloader.

Crossbow use is usually after Nov 1 and you can use it to fill any of your tags of that season.

For example if i used a bow or crossbow during regular gun season, I would put my reg season tag on the deer although I used a bow or crossbow.

Yea I got the lifetime hunting , fishing , bow and muzzleloader