Guns or weed ,take your pick .

Jeremy K

The article sates that law was passed in 1968, long before Andy was a politician. I bet he will push it to the max though. I can see where this might be a huge decision for some..................

BUT!

I honestly can't believe this is even an issue. I guess the stoner hunters will start pouring out of the woodwork now.

I'll choose my guns over a buzz any day, all day, and even on the 366th day for Leap Year.

2 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

The article sates that law was passed in 1968, long before Andy was a politician. I bet he will push it to the max though. I can see where this might be a huge decision for some..................

BUT!

I honestly can't believe this is even an issue. I guess the stoner hunters will start pouring out of the woodwork now.

I'll choose my guns over a buzz any day, all day, and even on the 366th day for Leap 

Marijuana has medical benefits as well . If you choose to use it for medical reasons then you truly have a choice to make . 

Do you think people that burn really would have ever answered the question truthfully when buying a gun.   Burn your weed and hunt your deer and stay away from the law. If a Dr prescribed a hard painkiller and someone complains to the law they can take those guns also.    If they get any number of reasons your guns are gone. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Marijuana has medical benefits as well . If you choose to use it for medical reasons then you truly have a choice to make . 

I know, I just think making pot legal now is going to make a lot of people who would usually have good judgement do stupid things. Just like with booze. I will say that I hope I'm wrong, and time will tell.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DirtTime said:

I know, I just think making pot legal now is going to make a lot of people who would usually have good judgement do stupid things. Just like with booze. I will say that I hope I'm wrong, and time will tell.

I think alcohol is what makes people do stupid stuff, not weed. Have you ever seen a fight start because two guys are high? 

Same with driving under the influence,if anything stoners become more defensive drivers than drunk ones,that tends to go the opposite direction. 

I would think those trends would hold true when it comes to guns as well.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Belo said:

this isn't unique to NY and none of the other dozen states that have legalized it have had this issue. 

Never count out NY to screw over gun owners.  We fill this out every time we buy a gun, and its fairly straightforward. 

"21.e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside."

"I understand that a person who answers “yes” to any of the questions 21.b. through 21.k. is prohibited from receiving or possessing a firearm"

11 minutes ago, Belo said:

oh i get it. but it's a federal check, not a state check. And how are all the other sites and gun owners handling this?

might all be a moot point if sleepy joe makes it legal federally. 

that's the catch ,even though you didn't break a state law you broke a federal law . I would call it hypocrisy really . The state can break the federal law but the citizens can't i guess. 

10 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

that's the catch ,even though you didn't break a state law you broke a federal law . I would call it hypocrisy really . The state can break the federal law but the citizens can't i guess. 

one could argue that the SAFE act violates the constitution for god's sakes and somehow that shit is still in place.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, johnplav said:

1.e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

Once MJ is legal and if you are not addicted to that or any of the other items, you can answer that question truthfully.   Same with OxyContin, it could be prescribed and therefore legal and if you are not addicted to it, then you can answer yes.   If you are buying it on the street and therefore using it illegally, then its a no.  If you are truthful when completing the form! 

• Like 1

I like just about all genres of music except maybe screaming death rock and kpop. But 80's rock seems like it'd be pretty far down on my list to vibe too when stoned. Pink floyd all day, but black sabbath sounds better suited for working out than chilling out. 

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I like just about all genres of music except maybe screaming death rock and kpop. But 80's rock seems like it'd be pretty far down on my list to vibe too when stoned. Pink floyd all day, but black sabbath sounds better suited for working out than chilling out. 

Agreed, 80s rock is one step above country from that aspect haha.