NY State Budget

Of 212 Billion has passed. Up $35 Billion or 19.78% over last years budget.

$2.4 Billion for rent and homeowner relief.

$ 2.1 Billion for excluded workers, like those here unlawfully and those not eligible for COVID relief. (no social security number)

$ 1 Billion for small business recovery. 

Shows where their priorities are when they give small business half as much support as people freeloading.

A big percentage of this budget relies significantly on federal money, raising taxes on corporations, and ones earning over $ 1 million a year. The highest-earning residents are facing the steepest tax rate in the NATION.

Looks like we are becoming or have become a welfare state, are encouraging more companies and people to leave, and inviting more freeloaders to come here to live.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

How about $15,600 to illegals in NY? I thought Cali being the only state to give $500 to illegals was bad. We topped them 30X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lat week the Mayor of Rochester, NY announced her plan to give  underprivileged, and low income earners up to $25,000 from tax revenue provided from the sale of marijuana:

“Beyond changing policies and procedures, we must do more to close the wealth gap between Black and brown people and our white neighbors,” the mayor said. “The impending legalization of marijuana in New York state presents us with a new opportunity to bring real resources to bear to uplift our families and improve, not only their financial well-being, but their very future.”

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

How about $15,600 to illegals in NY? I thought Cali being the only state to give $500 to illegals was bad. We topped them 30X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Freaking outrageous! I heard a state assemblyman from downstate somewhere being interviewed about this on the way to work this morning (I'll let you guess which party they belong to). He actually said it's a shame that it's difficult for many of them because a lot of them work under the table - AND PAY NO TAXES - and as such, those folks will have a hard time collecting the money as they can't prove that they were laid off of a job. He said that tax paying NY'ers should be more compassionate and should go further to help them by eliminating the need to prove that they were once employed and JUST GIVE THEM THE CASH. 

The host was trying to goad the guy along and the assemblyman had no shame about it whatsoever. When asked what the taxpayers get in the new budget, he kind of shamed the taxpayers as being fortunate for being able to pay taxes.

The host also stated his belief that most of that money would be sent as remittance to the illegal's families back home and that very little of it would go to help the local economy. The assemblyman said we don't stipulate what can be done with relief money to citizens so we shouldn't care what the illegals do with it even if 100% of the money is going out of the country.

This freaking state!

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1