2021 Lawn Thread

BizCT

6 minutes ago, Belo said:

the scotts guy went chemical free???

Yea. My wife is huge on organic everything with the baby. I looked into "Sunday" lawn stuff, but holding off for now. Last treatment I did was September. 

On 4/16/2021 at 11:43 AM, SportsmanNH said:

I wasn't sure whether I should post this in the " Lawn " thread and ruin your perfect green lawns or post it in the " Todays Chuckle " thread because Mother Nature sure has a sense of humor .

Yesterday I moved my 4 wheeler out of the shed and put it in one garage.  I  get the riding lawn mower out, start it up and dusted it off and park it in the other garage  Got the aerator ready to aerate and fertilize the lawn today . It rained last night and was drizzling a bit this morning. Out of freakin nowhere a few snow flakes started coming down . Figured it would end shortly . That " end shortly " turned into snowing a blizzard for the last 2 hours and still coming down. 

Since I took up both garages with the 4 wheeler and lawn mower , all the cars are covered with snow , my lonely aerator is stranded in the yard . Looks like our Azalea plants that have already flowered are loving the snow too . The good part is looks like I wont have to mow the lawn now until May !

Climate 3.JPG

Climate 1.JPG

Climate 2.JPG

I was in Florida with some friends from RI and their wives were sending them videos of the snow lol, they got 5"! We were sitting in 91 degrees

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea. My wife is huge on organic everything with the baby. I looked into "Sunday" lawn stuff, but holding off for now. Last treatment I did was September. 

Well your lawn is holding up from the fall application. I get the kids and chemicals thing for sure. But I'd also caution you that once you start losing control of the weed war that it gets exponentially harder to get control back.

Better start shooting some does....can get more organic then good ole venison.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Belo said:

Well your lawn is holding up from the fall application. I get the kids and chemicals thing for sure. But I'd also caution you that once you start losing control of the weed war that it gets exponentially harder to get control back.

I spot treat occasional weeds, but the lawn itself should choke out weeds. 

I put down a little grass seed today in a bare spot next to my wood pile.  It looks like we are supposed to get a fair amount of rain over the next few weeks so it should do ok.

I cut my front acre of lawn 3 times prior to last weeks snow.  That slowed it down a bit, but it looks like it will need another cut tomorrow.  I only cut the rough acre behind that once so far, with a bush hog.

In this photo, from my bedroom window range session today, you can still see the vertical lines on the rough section in back and the horizontal lines with dandelions on the frequently cut part in front:

20210425_164518.jpg

Edited by wolc123

Mowed 14 of my 26 clients so far. Next week all will need mowing.  Will take me 3 days @ 7+ hrs a day for 3 1/2 days to mow and trim all 26 lawns with a 72" Zturn.  

Edited by mowin

I mowed today and some of my lawn is already getting brown. Hardly any rain here and sandy soil.  Crazy for April though.  I am trying to add topsoil to improve the soil at least a little at a time.  Would like to redo the whole lawn with better soil but other things way ahead on the to do list.  Soil here by the lake is just poor, same reason I had to make garden boxes and add soil.