Muck Boot repair

Pygmy

I have an old pair of Muck Boots..The only thing wrong with them is that the sole has separated from the rest of the boot....Seems like it would be easy to apply some kind of adhesive to re-attach the sole...My buddy tried Gorilla Glue and he said the dried glue was too rigid and the repair cracked...It needs to be somewhat flexible...

Any suggestions on what adhesive to use  ?   I see Flex Seal stuff advertised all over the TV,  but I'm not sure which of thier products, if any, would be suitable...

All and any suggestions would be appreciated..

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I have an old pair of Muck Boots..The only thing wrong with them is that the sole has separated from the rest of the boot....Seems like it would be easy to apply some kind of adhesive to re-attach the sole...My buddy tried Gorilla Glue and he said the dried glue was too rigid and the repair cracked...It needs to be somewhat flexible...

Any suggestions on what adhesive to use  ?   I see Flex Seal stuff advertised all over the TV,  but I'm not sure which of thier products, if any, would be suitable...

Gorilla glue is for hair, not boots..

I thought Muck boots had lifetime warranty on that type of failure?  

I just Google the warranty, and its only a yr. 

Edited by mowin

7 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I see Flex Seal stuff advertised all over the TV,  but I'm not sure which of thier products, if any, would be suitable...

I used the clear this year on a ski boot that separated. It held up pretty good then my other boot separated so I couldn't say for sure it is the best stuff in the world but it held up in snow for a couple of miles.

If you use it I would highly recommend clamping the sole to the upper to keep it in place. I clamped it in two places and where I couldn't clamp I tied a light rope around the sole and upper  it and drew it tight.

Don't rush it and let it sit for a couple of days to let it cure. It is pretty pricy stuff and a 4oz tube costs the same as a 9oz.

I should also add it it somewhat of a pain to get out of the tube.

Flex-Glue-Clear-Waterproof-Adhesive-4-oz-1000x1000.jpg

Edited by Steve D
  • Thanks 1

I repaired a pair of my favorite leather work boots with this stuff called boot fix, the sole was coming away and I glued it back on with the boot fix. It has held up so far for six months and just starting to show signs of peeling but still not leaking.

Not cheap but it works better than any other stuff I have tried.

Al

2021-04-10_182546.png

2021-04-10_182615.png

Edited by airedale

Same thing happened to my Muck boots. I used Shoe Goo adhesive and it has held fine for ~3yrs of occasional use with only the initial application. Apply Goop, put sole back on, put boots on and stand on them for several minutes.

BTW - The soles on Muck boots is only a reinforcing layer. Nothing to do with water proofing.

Edited by nyslowhand

As others said shoegoo , I used it on a old pair of lacrosse alpha’s. I decided to use them for my atv mud riding boots after I fixed them and they lasted for another 3 hard years of use. Make sure you clean the boots well and rough up the rubber very  well to give the goo something to bite on.