Anyone here get the J and J shot

luberhill

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ill say it again, I think this data supports a claim that their vaccine prevents clots!

Where data starts to get muddy is this is the same issue as the AZ vaccine; both J&J and AZ are using the same methodology vs. Pfizer and Moderna. It is super low frequency but it is a serious issue because treatment is not easy. They better fix/solve the issue and perception because those two vaccines are to be the dominant type worldwide given the logistics challenges in lower infrastructure countries.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

No problem and a link just scroll down to table 3. Which is pretty much what your article states but the article and myself are currently wrong as it’s up to 4.0 comorbidity as of now.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

7EE1818D-5A70-4374-B40E-2FBE4C5A8340.png

Unfortunately the insurance benefits in the healthcare system have to some extent incentivized them putting Covid-19 on the death certificate which has led to inaccurate numbers as well. One of the medical examiners in Syracuse was performing autopsies on deaths listed as Covid-19 that were shipped up from NYC during the height of the pandemic. He said that there were bodies that had multiple bullet holes in them and had Covid-19 listed as cause of death. As we all know correlation is not causation, just because someone has died and tested positive for Covid-19 does not mean it was Covid-19 that killed them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phade said:

Where data starts to get muddy is this is the same issue as the AZ vaccine; both J&J and AZ are using the same methodology vs. Pfizer and Moderna. It is super low frequency but it is a serious issue because treatment is not easy. They better fix/solve the issue and perception because those two vaccines are to be the dominant type worldwide given the logistics challenges in lower infrastructure countries.

Maybe that explains the current southern border crisis.

4 hours ago, phade said:

Dead is dead; don't care if Covid is the cause or an accelerator.

I've seen enough of it to know I don't want COVID; I also educated myself on the risks and rewards and got Moderna. Could there be downstream impacts? Yup, but it is what it is.

One of the things I've learned in big corporate space is that there are usually good people at the core; somewhere, some lab, some guy like you and me, said - I got it, creating the vaccine. Doing things for the right reason. It's not an infallible rule, but for the large majority, people do stuff for the right reason. The data I can see and find across many sources made me content with the decision I made.

Skepticism is good, it is necessary and needed to make the world go round; but at a certain point skepticism can be just as much of an affliction as being a blind sheep. At that point it's not skepticism but I don't think we've developed an appropriate English word for when it becomes a hinderance to logical rationale/decision-making.

Initial takes are that this J&J could have small issue with women and blood clots. 6 out 7M; nobody wants to be the 6, so hence the pause. I do agree start stop becomes a big issue because Americans are not super agile in iterative processes.

Just out of curiosity since you did so much research ,i'm curious if you have done anything to improve your overall health in general ,maybe diet or vitamins or exercise?  

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Just out of curiosity since you did so much research ,i'm curious if you have done anything to improve your overall health in general ,maybe diet or vitamins or exercise?  

I walked 40 miles across Sat Sun and Monday this week. How about you?

1 hour ago, phade said:

It's Wednesday and ive got 6 hours on the bike and 600 push ups already for the week. 5000iu of D ,20mg of zinc , 350mg of C ,multi vitamin and 3 fish oil pills daily . It's refreshing to hear of other people taking their health into their own hands ,especially after it came out the majority of people who had trouble with covid were in such poor health. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phade said:

IIrc he’s up at 4:30 every morning to ride a bike for an hour ,then does some other exercise after work , seems to know a bit about nutrition and such too .

His point is valid, there’s many mask wearing , covid fearing , vaccinated folks , who smoke , drink to much, eat poorly ,don’t exercise are over weight , but try to come off like they’re concerned about their health .

ok me ? It’s Wed. I’ve got 4 hours in the gym, a few walks ,just got back from  one along the lake  . My breakfast was coffee, whey protein, coconut oil, collagen, stevia extract .

later some raw vegetables. Then Lunch was homemade soup made with 8 cups of vegetables, bone stock , ground venison . No cookies, crackers , chips or processed anything .

zero alcohol so far this week .

Edited by Nomad

11 hours ago, Nomad said:

IIrc he’s up at 4:30 every morning to ride a bike for an hour ,then does some other exercise after work , seems to know a bit about nutrition and such too .

His point is valid, there’s many mask wearing , covid fearing , vaccinated folks , who smoke , drink to much, eat poorly ,don’t exercise are over weight , but try to come off like they’re concerned about their health .

ok me ? It’s Wed. I’ve got 4 hours in the gym, a few walks ,just got back from  one along the lake  . My breakfast was coffee, whey protein, coconut oil, collagen, stevia extract .

later some raw vegetables. Then Lunch was homemade soup made with 8 cups of vegetables, bone stock , ground venison . No cookies, crackers , chips or processed anything .

zero alcohol so far this week .

My breakfast was Spam and Eggs with a side of grits. 

How is it anyone who works so hard at staying in shape and being healthy, would allow the pharmaceutical industry to inject them with an unknown, unproven foreign substance that could have a multitude of future side effects, to prevent getting a virus that will most likely give them a fever, loss of taste and smell and weakness for a week?

Risk vs reward isn't being considered?

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

How is it anyone who works so hard at staying in shape and being healthy, would allow the pharmaceutical industry to inject them with an unknown, unproven foreign substance that could have a multitude of future side effects, to prevent getting a virus that will most likely give them a fever, loss of taste and smell and weakness for a week?

Every decision is about risk and reward re: life. I made mine and I'm very comfortable with it. I nor does anyone else owe you a justification for a decision you didn't make. Same as you with me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Some of us aren't as selfish as you and a number of others on this forum.  YOU may be one to only get a loss of taste and smell and a fever but you may unknowingly spread it to someone else who may have some underlying medical issues and that person may very well get seriously sick or die.  We all have someone in our lives who is up in age or has some medical issues.  I will do what I have to to not be the one spreading this virus to someone that it may effect seriously.  I have never gotten a flu shot in my life but I feel the responsible thing to do here is to get ourselves vaccinated.   

I am honestly sick and tired of listening to some of you clowns here.  You think wearing a mask is against your constitutional rights, you are against getting vaccinated and then you think we are the idiots for doing the responsible thing??  Unbelievable!!

• Like 1

Some of us aren't as selfish as you and a number of others on this forum.  YOU may be one to only get a loss of taste and smell and a fever but you may unknowingly spread it to someone else who may have some underlying medical issues and that person may very well get seriously sick or die.  We all have someone in our lives who is up in age or has some medical issues.  I will do what I have to to not be the one spreading this virus to someone that it may effect seriously.  I have never gotten a flu shot in my life but I feel the responsible thing to do here is to get ourselves vaccinated.   
I am honestly sick and tired of listening to some of you clowns here.  You think wearing a mask is against your constitutional rights, you are against getting vaccinated and then you think we are the idiots for doing the responsible thing??  Unbelievable!!

Show me proof that the vaccine prevents spreading?

If the other person has underlying health issues they should be vaccinated and have nothing to worry about.

Again it hasn’t been proven that the vaccine prevents the spread.

You can call me a clown or what ever you want but I still can’t understand why everyone shoves the vaccine down my throat, if everyone that wants to get vaccinated has gotten it/ is getting it, who cares if I do? If the vaccine works like you hope it does me not being vaccinated shouldn’t matter to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Healthy people, especially younger ones, have nothing to fear from the virus.  Yet many fear it, a lot.  But a rushed to market, unproven, untested and unknown vaccine that has been sold to them from the likes of snake oil salesmen is trusted?  I'm not asking anyone to justify their decision to get it.  I'm just thinking it further proves people are not thinking for themselves.  If that is the responsible thing to do, what will the government tell you is the next responsible thing you need to do to support the collective at the expense of individual liberty?  I have no objection to protecting the vulnerable, and that is what the government should have focused on, but mass vaccination of the healthy is highly expensive overreach.  And it isn't claimed it will protect the vulnerable from you either.  BTW, mass vaccination of healthy people isn't even requested when flu shots are recommended.

I've had the virus and I've had flu symptoms that were far worse.  I'm naturally vaccinated and immunized, and medical history won't argue that is the best way to go.  Non-vulnerable healthy people are not being well served by this vaccine. Nothing created by man is ever 100% safe.  Not to take that into consideration is unwise IMHO.  Especially when the government is considering sanctions against people who choose not to be vaccinated.

You call me a clown, selfish and irresponsible for questioning this?  I have not labeled anyone an "idiot".  Just offering food for thought.  Yet many of you take offense at that.  The angry responses baffle me, especially if you are secure in your decision. I'm keeping this dialog civil.  I think people who can't do that have subconscious doubts they are wrestling with.