Squad member Rashida Tlaib calls for the ABOLISHMENT of police

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/squad-member-rashida-tlaib-calls-for-the-abolishment-of-police/ar-BB1fBPXV?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnbfcL

The article states “Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib has called for the abolishment of police following the fatal shooting of unarmed black man Daunte Wright.

Two questions:

I wonder if she wants to abolish the police at the Capital that fought off the rioters to protect her life?

What would she replace the police with, nothing?

that whole notion is largely being reversed , Oakland just put money back into their budget for cops and FF, as defunding  just brought about increase crime , huh go figure .

One thing I’d like to see is stop hiring small weak men and women . Hire big strong men who can fight if needed, oh ya bring back the straight wood baton too .

To many of today’s cops can’t fight ,they can’t get a man out of a car , so they end up being dragged by the car ,then  having to shoot the driver . Other times they end up using pepperspray or the Taser, both which have significant issues limiting their usefulness,then all that’s left is the gun .

A big strong cop that can go hands on , often solves things right there , if not a couple strikes with the baton often gained compliance and both parties lived to,tell,their stories . It was a better less lethal weapon  , then all the those that came after , the latest is a device that shoots a bolo to tangle up a person . Lol bring back the lasso !

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

that whole notion is largely being reversed , Oakland just put money back into their budget for cops and FF, as defunding  just brought about increase crime , huh go figure .

One thing I’d like to see is stop hiring small weak men and women . Hire big strong men who can fight if needed, oh ya bring back the straight wood baton too .

To many of today’s cops can’t fight ,they can’t get a man out of a car , so they end up being dragged by the car ,then  having to shoot the driver . Other times they end up using pepperspray or the Taser, both which have significant issues limiting their usefulness,then all that’s left is the gun .

A big strong cop that can go hands on , often solves things right there , if not a couple strikes with the baton often gained compliance and both parties lived to,tell,their stories . It was a better less lethal weapon  , then all the those that came after , the latest is a device that shoots a bolo to tangle up a person . Lol bring back the lasso !

I know very little about law enforcement , but I have to agree here . Today , comin back from fishing , I saw a sheriffs deputy doin a traffic stop off of 87. Guy was maybe In his 30s and had to go at least 250-260 lbs. I can’t imagine him in a tussle with a suspect ; guy would be out of breath in seconds . 

Looks like Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib is not too popular with law enforcement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/detroit-police-chief-takes-aim-at-rashida-tlaibs-reckless-and-disgusting-anti-cop-rhetoric-she-doesnt-speak-for-the-majority-of-detroiters/ar-BB1fOEaA?ocid=SL5GDHP&li=BBnbfcL  

The article states Tlailb said “We should be expanding mental health and social work professionals to respond to disputes before they escalate.” 

OK, let’s see all those experts ride with police to go in first.  Anti-police people like Tlaib should step up to the plate.  Tlaib should be advocating funding all police departments have the mental health experts on duty 24/7 to go in first and wait for the police.  Tlaib should volunteer.  Let’s not be “all talk and no action.”