WNY Armstrong Fiber internet - who has it?

Crazed98Camaro

I'm one of the lucky fellas who still has DSL and has been watching the Armstrong progress here in the Southern Tier. I check back on their project page about once a month to see if anything has changed. The original completion date for my area of Catt County was end of 2019 and that kept getting pushed back, now to "Pending Construction 2021", but I'm not holding my breath.

Although it looks like a good portion of Steuben and Allegany county have either started or finished construction. I was wondering if anyone here has tested the waters with Armstrong and what they think of it before I go off and try to find some other solutions.

http://armstrongny.com/Home/Map

Im not in your area, but our local phone and internet provider just expanded the fiber optic to my area. Can't believe the difference in the speed, and its actually costing us a little less the the DSL that didn't work 75% of the time. 

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

The current project boundary is the next road over from me- missed it by 1/4 mile. Per Armstrong, there isn't a current plan to extend that to our road. Grrr.

Ouch, sorry to hear that Jerry. It is odd to me how they picked who gets it vs who doesn't. The houses right across from my road are not in the project boundary.

2 hours ago, mowin said:

Im not in your area, but our local phone and internet provider just expanded the fiber optic to my area. Can't believe the difference in the speed, and its actually costing us a little less the the DSL that didn't work 75% of the time. 

Glad to hear the wait will be worth it. Our DSL works for most of our needs, but download speeds are lucky to hit 2mb/s. Don't really stream too much besides the occasional Netflix or Youtube video but every now and then it has its hiccups. 

I’m very limited with internet providers. Only 4 houses on my road, so no Spectrum. I’ve been using Nomad Internet for $149/mon, but have been having too many drops recently for my liking and their customer support sucks. Decided to order Starlink last weekend. I’ve only heard positive things about Starlink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk