This is turning out to be a year of projects...

Robhuntandfish

Always stuff to do when you own a house but this seems to be the year of getting stuff done.. 

Since good weather started have replaced a bunch of fence boards, boxed in my fuel tank, did a small area of roof repair, put in a new hot water heater, put up a canvas storage unit for the boat and this weekend I am replacing my back deck/porch.  

Still planning on some foundation repair (biggest job of the year), knocking out a bedroom wall, redoing kitchen and dining room floor, replacing stove vent and stove, reventing dryer, running an outside water spicket to one side of the house, making garden boxes (out of old deck), planting bushes along a fence line, having a yard sale.

Good god what am I thinking ...lol.  Actually feels good to get these things done.  I'm at the mercy of the foundation work that I am not doing myself,  so holding off on some of it til that is completed for expenses. 

But this year I've decided I'm knocking off a bunch off the list.  Gonna be a busy summer.   Hopefully the walleye are hitting and can have limits by 8am on the weekends!  

• Like 3

Nice list!!!!!!Luckily i dont have too much as i dont plan on staying in this house for too long.looking to up the land amount and such.this year has been alot of working on vehicles,need a new mower,building an awning/ lean to off back of garage for outdoor storage(needs to be done still).lumber prices are ridiculous!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, mowin said:

That's a impressive list.  I did a lot last yr, and glad I did, the cost of materials probably doubled.  

Yeah it sucks and wish I had done the deck last year for that reason. But it is a small deck/porch so not too bad.  Amazing how much lumber is.  4x4s price went down some so got those today and 2x4s and cement post blocks.  Def eating it a bit on price of lumber but luckily not all the projects require lumber.  My fence goes around the entire house and had to replace a bunch of support boards. Was buying 2x4s for that and 10 was $100 - crazy. 

• Like 1

That’s awesome that you are getting it done...I have zero time this spring to do anything since I am coaching football now and golf starts next week.

I have three sections of vinyl fencing that I picked up a few weeks back that I still have not replaced, lawn needs to be reseeded and summer outdoor firewood needs chopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

That’s awesome that you are getting it done...I have zero time this spring to do anything since I am coaching football now and golf starts next week.

I have three sections of vinyl fencing that I picked up a few weeks back that I still have not replaced, lawn needs to be reseeded and summer outdoor firewood needs chopping.

Vinyl fence is nice. Don't have to worry about it rotting. When I moved in here the whole yard is fenced in with a nice 6ft wood one but they never stained it.  So first year I stained it all - went thru like 3 buckets between that and the decks. But every year I have to replace some of it to keep it up.  I would like to restain it all this year but a lot to do already. 

Vinyl fence is nice. Don't have to worry about it rotting. When I moved in here the whole yard is fenced in with a nice 6ft wood one but they never stained it.  So first year I stained it all - went thru like 3 buckets between that and the decks. But every year I have to replace some of it to keep it up.  I would like to restain it all this year but a lot to do already. 

It doesn’t rot but is also doesn’t stand up to bounced breaking balls and 2seam fastballs that run too far to be caught!!!

• Haha 2

Small back porch is done except for 2 more 2x4s for the rails and need to get 26 balusters and a 2x6 for the stairs.  

Pic of old porch in a pile that will be turned into garden boxes for next weekends project.  

Pic of new porch and last weekends project of boxing in my fuel tank.  

IMG_20210418_154850286_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210418_154734425.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, G-Man said:

I get it, redid my.lower deck tonfar have to strip bark off more poles to do upper deck,  raised and rebuilt a box blind so far, amd just ordered trusses for a 32x 50 barn build this summer...

Whew that barn is gonna be a project.  Storage for gear or camper etc?  Price of lumber on that baby is gonna be scary.  

35 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Whew that barn is gonna be a project.  Storage for gear or camper etc?  Price of lumber on that baby is gonna be scary.  

Shouldnt take but 2 days to get frame and trusses up. A half day for metal roof..board and batton siding I'll do At my leisure.    Trusses and posts were 5700. But I have all the other lumber cut from trees i took down this winter.. 

10 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Charlie wouldn't let me off the old porch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thats funny I was gonna put a sign on it - Charlies porch.  Its his old man sitting spot.  But its still all about you taking his spot on the boat. He is prob over it by now. lol 

27 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

This pile of wood from old deck became garden boxes today. Need to get some more soil tomorrow to finish. But another tasks of the list. 

Planning on planting tomatoes, green onions and zucchini.

Finished rails on porch this week too. 

IMG_20210418_154734425.jpg

IMG_20210424_184245852.jpg

IMG_20210424_184302104.jpg

IMG_20210424_184229158.jpg

Good luck finding zucchini seed.  The place I usually get it from didn't have any again this year (I had enough last year for a few plants but now I am out).  They were very well stocked this morning with sweetcorn, turnip, and radish seed ar least, so I am all set on that now, as well as fertilizer.

It will be a while before my ground is dry enough to plow.  Fortunately, I have lots of other projects to keep me occupied while waiting for it.  Hopefully, I can get my old sidelock ML dialed in tomorrow with it's new fiber optic sights.  It will be interesting to see if it will fire with some leftover 20 year old pyrodex that I found in a can down in the basement.

On 4/24/2021 at 7:43 PM, wolc123 said:

Good luck finding zucchini seed.  The place I usually get it from didn't have any again this year (I had enough last year for a few plants but now I am out).  They were very well stocked this morning with sweetcorn, turnip, and radish seed ar least, so I am all set on that now, as well as fertilizer.

It will be a while before my ground is dry enough to plow.  Fortunately, I have lots of other projects to keep me occupied while waiting for it.  Hopefully, I can get my old sidelock ML dialed in tomorrow with it's new fiber optic sights.  It will be interesting to see if it will fire with some leftover 20 year old pyrodex that I found in a can down in the basement.

Stacks of them at Lowe's.

IMG_20210426_112625022.jpg