Any bets how the Floyd trial ends

luberhill

4 hours ago, phantom said:

If you could not find it, my guess is what he did was what they trained  him to do and now they want to cover it up maybe . I mean the guy new he was being filmed so why would he do that unless it was part of his training.  who knows for sure media and these  democrat run city are so  political its hard to know the truth .   

Because he’s a punk egomaniac 

I think he'll be found guilty of murder- only verdict they can render in order to prevent the utter destruction of Minneapolis afterward.

Having said that however, personally,  I dont think hes guilty of murder.  It wasnt intentional in my view but was clearly reckless and demonstrated depraved indifference for Floyds life and safety. Something more like 1st degree manslaughter probably would be appropriate, I think. 

4 hours ago, Chef said:

The amount of ignorance and racism in this thread is really sad .

That’s all. Weather the Verdict is guilty me innocent doesn’t really matter that cop killed that man and it’s a source of pain for many people in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gotta be a fool to believe someone would blatantly murder someone while being filmed while people yell and  threaten him .Liberals really are a special breed 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

You gotta be a fool to believe someone would blatantly murder someone while being filmed while people yell and  threaten him .Liberals really are a special breed 

Well I’m the furthest thing from a liberal there is.

But I know an egomaniac when I see one .

And to continue his stupidity when he had no pulse just shows his arrogance.

The cop is an idiot ! And his career is over ...

You said he is a fool , I say he is a moron who just ruined his life , right on camera for all to see... 

• Like 1

Yes he should loose his job but should not be in jail for life if Floyd didn’t resist it would have been a problem so I feel he is just as much at fault if you resist and fight with the cops you get what you get I have no sympathy for you no matter what race you are have a friend that had to fight with the cops he got his pounded and then arrested got exactly what he deserved  

8 minutes ago, Stein13 said:

Yes he should loose his job but should not be in jail for life if Floyd didn’t resist it would have been a problem so I feel he is just as much at fault if you resist and fight with the cops you get what you get I have no sympathy for you no matter what race you are have a friend that had to fight with the cops he got his pounded and then arrested got exactly what he deserved  

It’s a tough job but it certainly doesn’t entail “pounding” a suspect. The training is precisely aimed at teaching officers to subdue their ego and humanely restraint the subject with minimal harm. Police are not authorized to hit or kill those who disagree with them. It is not their job to dole out justice. Chauvin should rot in prison. The more interesting question is how do you remove future Chauvins before they unjustly kill again. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

And then they were contradicted by the departments instructor that said it is taught and authorized.

I have been through two different law enforcement academy’s and both taught it, As an instructor in the marine corps we taught it as well as a restraint technique. One of the academy’s I went through used the FBI’s training curriculum, most academy’s do.

I looked for the information for Minneapolis Pd on what curriculum their academy uses but was unable to find it. Individual departments protocols are a very grey area because transfers from other departments almost never require another academy that is why most use the fbi’s curriculum.

Approved technique okay I'll take your word on that but to do it for almost 10 minutes and the man was cuffed to boot, absolutely no need for this man to loose his life especially over a $20 counterfeit bill.  If people are siding with this cop and use of that technique for that time frame you all have blinders on. Wasn't he also begging to be let up because he couldn't breath, if you can't see that as sad injustice then somethings wrong with society.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chef said:

The amount of ignorance and racism in this thread is really sad .

That’s all. Weather the Verdict is guilty me innocent doesn’t really matter that cop killed that man and it’s a source of pain for many people in this country.

When you go back through this thread you see the word "they" in reference to black people... that's racist! Re: Chauvin - he did kill Floyd whether intentional which I don't believe it was but the fact is he died right in front of him or should I say right under him.  He's a bad cop and should be put away for 20 a least.  And his cronies all need time as well.  Cops are not above the law and this needs to send a message that they are being watched.  

10 minutes ago, nybuckboy said:

When you go back through this thread you see the word "they" in reference to black people... that's racist! Re: Chauvin - he did kill Floyd whether intentional which I don't believe it was but the fact is he died right in front of him or should I say right under him.  He's a bad cop and should be put away for 20 a least.  And his cronies all need time as well.  Cops are not above the law and this needs to send a message that they are being watched.  

Wait, the word "they" is racist?  Since when? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

It’s a tough job but it certainly doesn’t entail “pounding” a suspect. The training is precisely aimed at teaching officers to subdue their ego and humanely restraint the subject with minimal harm. Police are not authorized to hit or kill those who disagree with them. It is not their job to dole out justice. Chauvin should rot in prison. The more interesting question is how do you remove future Chauvins before they unjustly kill again. 

100 percent !

He was in the car, cuffed , the threat was over !

1 hour ago, Stein13 said:

I would agree with you 100% that if people would keep out of trouble and not hang around low life they wouldn't be caught in these type of situations, but they had Floyd cuffed and face down.  How was he resisting at that point??  Did it require kneeling on his neck for another 8 minutes??  Hell no.   This idiot cop let the whole world witness it on video.  I guess only some of you here see it completely different than everyone else who is being totally honest about what they saw.  Chauvin will be going to jail if for NO other reason than to help repair the image of police.  They already have so much going against them.  They are being defunded, disrespected, spat on, etc.   The last thing they need is this idiot cop to walk scott free here to make things even worse for them.   Anyone can make a mistake, but what this cop did was NO mistake.  It wasn't like this was a quick life and death decision (shoot or not to shoot) for the cop to make.  They had him face down and cuffed.   He was apprehended and the situation was under control.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nybuckboy said:

Was "they" used to reference the rioters ? If it was then why would that be racist? Do we have to call people out specifically by their first names now?

• Like 3

Approved technique okay I'll take your word on that but to do it for almost 10 minutes and the man was cuffed to boot, absolutely no need for this man to loose his life especially over a $20 counterfeit bill.  If people are siding with this cop and use of that technique for that time frame you all have blinders on. Wasn't he also begging to be let up because he couldn't breath, if you can't see that as sad injustice then somethings wrong with society.

As I said originally the cop”s” did a lot wrong that day but committing murder wasn’t one of them.

I’ve had hundreds of individuals on their stomachs restrained and probably 90% states they couldn’t breathe. I’ve also saw copious officers be injured by individuals in wrist restraints. To say that someone that is cuffed is no longer a threat is very ignorant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luberhill said:

Well I’m the furthest thing from a liberal there is.

But I know an egomaniac when I see one .

And to continue his stupidity when he had no pulse just shows his arrogance.

The cop is an idiot ! And his career is over ...

You said he is a fool , I say he is a moron who just ruined his life , right on camera for all to see... 

yea, because he was trying to destroy his life and his family’s life for some worthless drug addict while the film rolled and he knew it ?I doubt it .maybe I’m wrong ,but that’s my way of thinking in the situation .

13 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

As I said originally the cop”s” did a lot wrong that day but committing murder wasn’t one of them.

I’ve had hundreds of individuals on their stomachs restrained and probably 90% states they couldn’t breathe. I’ve also saw copious officers be injured by individuals in wrist restraints. To say that someone that is cuffed is no longer a threat is very ignorant.

yea  exactly not like you can trust a guy like that with a criminal record on drugs .  I mean if the guy  had no criminal record was not on drugs its a different story but that guy had a  long record of crime and not to mention was a big guy  . Still cop made mistakes I think, murder don't think so .

Edited by phantom

12 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

yea, because he was trying to destroy his life and his family’s life for some worthless drug addict while the film rolled and he knew it ?I doubt it .maybe I’m wrong ,but that’s my way of thinking in the situation .

Again , he’s an ego maniac , punk !

Idiots like this think they are above the law .

He will do time as he should !

The threat was over ...

Edited by luberhill

45 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I would agree with you 100% that if people would keep out of trouble and not hang around low life they wouldn't be caught in these type of situations, but they had Floyd cuffed and face down.  How was he resisting at that point??  Did it require kneeling on his neck for another 8 minutes??  Hell no.   This idiot cop let the whole world witness it on video.  I guess only some of you here see it completely different than everyone else who is being totally honest about what they saw.  Chauvin will be going to jail if for NO other reason than to help repair the image of police.  They already have so much going against them.  They are being defunded, disrespected, spat on, etc.   The last thing they need is this idiot cop to walk scott free here to make things even worse for them.   Anyone can make a mistake, but what this cop did was NO mistake.  It wasn't like this was a quick life and death decision (shoot or not to shoot) for the cop to make.  They had him face down and cuffed.   He was apprehended and the situation was under control.

The threat was gone , he was cuffed in the back seat , threat was over .. the cop will do time !

1 minute ago, luberhill said:

Again , he’s an ego maniac , punk !

and risk his job and jail time ? seems odd to me . most likely bad training and a accident . Cop just made a mistake unless they have proof of  him wanting to kill someone that's all you can say about it not a lawyer but you do have to prove things in court with evidence   right  or did the left change  those rules now to . 

2 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

The more interesting question is how do you remove future Chauvins before they unjustly kill again. 

Ha, the real question is who will ever do the job anymore ? Buddy retired a bit ago, when he took the test in the mid ‘80s 7,000 did , the last one that was before all this started  ? 400 . In the past you needed a score in the upper 90s and perfect background check ,I’ve had the same background  check . 40 hours talking to all your past neighbors ,employers, schools, Drs, credit score better be high, clean driving record , excellent work record .

Today ? a passing score of 70, and wavers given for a less then stellar backgrounds . No cops are encouraging their kids  to pursue the career , city cops are seeking suburban transfers . One friend just transferred and I know of another who scored high on a FF test and will take that job after 15 years on the PD . 

Rochester current crime rate is very high, major crime investigators can’t keep up , and 50% of them are leaving this year . 

The ENTIRE  command staff has already left , their replacements don’t meet the qualifications, the new “ Chief “ isn’t even a cop, yet wears a uniform and carries an old gun that’s not issued anymore and refuses to try and qualify with it .

Sit back and enjoy the sh!t show , todays cops have been turned into largely report takers and it’ll only get worse as more and more veterans  leave and those who stay have one goal, keeping their head down and getting to their 20 and leaving .

• Like 3