Unofficially....Live from the woods 2021 turkey hunting thread.

mowin

The farm was alive with birds this morning.  Heard at least 12 different birds.  The one area is tuff. They roost on the border of a property I can't hunt, and always fly down into that property.  It is hunted, so I expect to here a shot up there Saturday morning.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Can you set up 75 yards away from the Property Line and call them across to your Land?

No, it's incredibly steep with a creek at the bottom. They fly down to the other property because there's several fields that you can'tsee from the road. My side only has one small field. 

I used to hunt the other property before the farmer sold it off. It was the best turkey and deer hunting I've ever had. 

They sometimes roost on my side, and if they do its game on...

• Like 1

Just has two gobblers behind my house. Heard them gobble less then 100yrd out as I was walking through the yard. Of course my dogs heard em too and had to bark. Closest I've heard them at my place.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I'm betting sat by 7:45 feathers are flying!  Lol

Looks like some active birds over there.  Good luck.

I am hopeful looking forward to getting out in May.  Good luck to you as well 

• Like 1

Just went for a drive by a piece of stateland that I know has birds and I found them.  Just have to figure out roost the next couple days. There was 6 gobblers 3 jakes,1 bearded hen in a field we can hunt.  I'm pumped now for this weekend.  My other spot I had in mind always has birds but these one should be easier to get at as long as we get to them first.

• Like 2

Got the opportunity to take a youth out this season. The kid has been raised around hunting but in the past year he's been involved with some rough times. He talks daily of wanting to get out hunting some gobblers. I haven't been out in years, kina lost the passion and only cared about whitetails. Well I decided im taking this kid out. Told him yesterday he could join me, he eyes lite right up. Now im all sorts of excited to get out there and chase some gobblers. I guess I should be thanking him for getting my passion back. Hopefully we'll get some yard birds to take a dirt nap.

• Like 8

Had a fun hunt in west Virginia yesterday. First time there in 40 years.. was on birds from dark till noon. Chased a lot of gobbles, passed up a jake and a 40 yard shot on what looked like a 2 year old with a small fan,,, new he had hens with him and couldnt see them so I waited for him to strut out into the open woods to my right but he got behind a big oak and walked directly away from me..
Tried getti g ahead of another bird but ran outa time...at noon I was 7 miles from my truck. Had a good chat with the local game warden on my way back to the truck.

Got more good intell fro the next trip down
5993c259fd200d6809104a25b516f05e.jpg848fc291c4974b02207dca2c5dc21697.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Ran across a flock on the farm the other day. Managed  to take a few pictures. There was probably 5 Big toms and the rest were hens and a few jakes. 12 birds total. I had a .22 rifle with me and boy i was tempted! It would have been a chip shot even with a shotgun. I wish i got them all in one picture. 

FA8B7550-61D4-4F13-86CF-4358A0FBCE7E.jpeg

825111CF-001D-4BA1-8CF0-3A4C472E8234.jpeg

0114213F-2CE5-458F-A231-81E9F56A6020.jpeg

• Like 4