Unofficially....Live from the woods 2021 turkey hunting thread.

mowin

10 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

What an awesome hunt! I gave up on the silent treatment and we laid the sneak on them. What an amazing hunt! Maddy said she never wants to hunt in a blind again and that crawling up on them was way more fun! 09a0192824a7ee2b6505a8bb6756d808.jpg
e14b206975b99fa02d4777bef80b0693.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats:) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

What an awesome hunt! I gave up on the silent treatment and we laid the sneak on them. What an amazing hunt! Maddy said she never wants to hunt in a blind again and that crawling up on them was way more fun! 09a0192824a7ee2b6505a8bb6756d808.jpg
e14b206975b99fa02d4777bef80b0693.jpg

Fantastic. Sneaking up on them isn't easy.  Congrats. 

• Like 1

Fantastic. Sneaking up on them isn't easy.  Congrats. 

If only they were all this easy, we got out of the blind and got in the creek bed. Followed that 100yds up the field then had about 10yds to crawl up to edge of field. The two jakes thought we were turkeys because they came running in and by the time she had the gun up they were inside of 20yds.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

What an awesome hunt ! Maddy said she never wants to hunt in a blind again and that crawling up on them was way more fun! 

Congrats to Maddy ! No treestands or blinds for that girl .  She is now going to be a Tracker ! 

• Like 1

What an intense 33 minutes. 2 longbeards came in. Had a know down drag out fight feathers flying hard purrs.... they settled down and addison shot him at 18 yards. At 1140 he had a nice full fan, now not so much.c3f90087cb35779af1823a007d645764.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

• Like 26

Nice reading all these successful youth hunts! Congrats to everyone! I took out a friends son for his first ever turkey hunt. We got together Friday, sited in his gun (410 ga) he was good to a max of 30yds. I couldn't convince him to try my 12ga. We didn't hear any from the roost so we made our way back to a field where we have seen the birds often. Sat in a blind with some dekes out and 1/2 hour later got a gobble behind us. Game on! The bird gobbled 20 times in an hour but never showed in the field. My guess is he was with hens and all the calling turned the hen off and she took him for a walk away from us. We eventually went for a walk to try and locate them but never heard another gobble. When we made our way back to the field we bumped a hen at the edge of the field, I didn't see any other birds but i bet they were near by and we blew it. Oh well it was a great day to be out there and I believe he learned a few things about hunting turkeys and patience! I'll probably get him out at least 1 more time during the season. Got to find him a 20ga he can shoot to increase his range. 

• Like 5

Called in a stud bird for my boy yesterday and into range but could not seal the deal. He walked away into other property and picked up hens and went silent.. We went to a few other farms with no luck but Jakes.. And he doesnt want to shoot Jakes anymore 

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

6.20am/4/28 in New Jersey.Heard 2 Gobblers a 1/4 mile off Gobble just once each at West + North.

At my Blind overlooking a Travel Flat. Did not call yet as, I  believe  at least one is heading here and don't  want the Hen with the Gobbler  to deviate course.

20210428_061954.jpg

Bill, whatever way your holding your phone, turn it so the pic comes out correctly, lol.

• Like 1

Finally sighted in my Burris FFIII today. I like it. Used field loads at 10 yards to get it close, then backed up 20yrds to dial it in. Took two shots with my hunting loads to confirm.  Good to go out to 40. 

Wanted to scout tonight, but its raining hard. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, although it's supposed to be very windy. 

• Like 2

Just got back from Florida and this is the least excited and prepared i've been in the 8 or so years i've been after gobblers and I don't know why.

I haven't packed my vest yet. I didn't buy even a little or small thing to add to the arsenal. I just sprayed my gear this am with sawyers... usually I do this and let it dry for a week, so now it's outside needing the wind to help. I usually get the decoys out and fix any indents/folds.

Maybe it's me being busy, maybe it's the shitty weather... idk but still excited for the am. Every one of my oldest son's baseball games are at 9am on saturdays so probably all sundays after tomorrow.