Unofficially....Live from the woods 2021 turkey hunting thread.

mowin

Tucked in and ready with my 7 year old in tow......buddy is setup 100 yards away hoping we get a shot at them coming or going. Wind really died down from last night which makes the 38 degree morning feel decent. Man the woods is alive with songs birds.......this beats sleeping in anyday!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It is a beautiful morning here on the SE corner of wmu 9F.  The wind is right very light and the temp is 35.  The other birds are all waking up and chirping but I dont hear any turkeys yet.

I am in position, in my popup blind, watching my decoy 25 yards away.  Hopefully the wind will pick up soon and get her moving a bit, and maybe a tom will show up.

It's 32 degrees with a dusting of snow on everything.  Wind has died down a lot, but it's really quiet.  Not even little birds making any calls.  Good Luck to all.

Edited by Grouse

Congrats TF n mowin.

Gobbling nonstop 530-545am. At least one maybe two. I’d try to call by holding wood down on call but doesn’t sound great. We’ll see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

New property this morning and as I feared it’s a swamp. I have decent deer season and cam pics to tell me it should be ok... but with any property it’ll take some time to figure out.

Only a few gobbles around 6 and none near me. 1 distant shot to my north and otherwise quiet.

Probably the coldest or at least top 3 mornings of my short career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trolled about 800 yards south along the side of the hill, nothing.  Dead porky on a logging road.  I'm going to climb out and check on the south fields up top before family obligations set in at 9.  Grat's to TF and Mowin!

IMG_20210501_055051.jpg

IMG_20210501_052411.jpg

Edited by UpStateRedNeck
  • Like 1

You brought just 1 call!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t prepare enough with the ones Pygmy gave me so I didn’t feel confident bringing them. I don’t have any other calls. Last year was first time trying Turkey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had two gobbles of the roost this morning. I had a jake coming in this morning at 20 yards. Jake move away from me and about 30 minutes later someone shoots and five minutes later I see that Jake running at me. I guess the other hunter miss the Jake :) Congratulations to all who are going to get it done this week.  Good luck to all fellow turkey hunter.