Unofficially....Live from the woods 2021 turkey hunting thread.

mowin

Started out good where I'm at. Had a tom gobbling on his own early.  Then heard another just before fly down. Then I heard hens. Called in the second gobbler twice but couldn't see him because it was too thick.. Had the boss tom at 60 yards for a second. Then 2 jakes came in to me from a different direction.  All is quiet now since 6.

4 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Another dumb 2 year old educated.  In the heat of the moment once again I put the dot right on his white head at 20 and shot high.  I either need a new sight that I can lower enough to just shoot how I want, or a new gun.

Who’s the dummy here?

The birds demands respect. 

• Like 1

Another dumb 2 year old educated.  In the heat of the moment once again I put the dot right on his white head at 20 and shot high.  I either need a new sight that I can lower enough to just shoot how I want, or a new gun.

I’ve always been taught to aim at the waddles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Right- part of your pattern will go High anyway. If you shoot at Mid Neck, you will also put some pellets in the Gobblers Head.

If you shoot at the Head and get a Adrenaline  Dump/ Turkey Fever- you might miss over the Top.

Exactly.  I always aim where the feathers stop. 

• Like 2